Vice President of Finance & Business Operations
Mojo Vision is focused on developing and commercializing high-performance micro-LED display technology for consumer, enterprise, and government applications. The company combines breakthrough technology, leading display and semiconductor expertise, and an advanced 300mm manufacturing process to deliver on the promise of micro-LED displays. Mojo's proprietary quantum-dot technology brings full color capability to its display platform and meets the superior performance demands for all form factors. Mojo Vision developed the world's smallest, densest dynamic display for the first AR smart contact lens and is now applying this innovation and expertise to lead the disruption of the $160 billion display industry. Mojo Vision is based in Saratoga, CA.
We seek a Vice President of Finance & Business Operations who combines strategic thinking with hands-on execution. In this role, you will take ownership of the company's financial, business, infrastructure, and IT operations. Your key responsibility will be ensuring alignment across different functions and executing our plans effectively in collaboration with the executive team. Working closely with the CEO, you'll play a crucial role in engaging with current and potential investors and participating in board of director meetings. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with the product management team to assist in developing business cases and business plans. You will also be responsible for leading and expanding a small team of finance and operations professionals, working with external partners to support the company's growth initiatives. This is a hands-on role, and you will actively participate in finance and administration functions alongside your team and external partners.
As the leader of the finance team at Mojo, you will have a comprehensive role in overseeing the financial and business operations of the company. Your responsibilities include:
o Financial Data Management: Manage, collect, and consolidate all necessary financial data to accurately account for our business results.
o Financial Reporting: Preparing internal and external financial forecasting reports and financial statements.
o Accounting Policies and Procedures: Develop and implement accounting policies, coordination systems, and procedures, and generate operating data and special reports as needed, including preparing interim and year-end financial statements.
o Regulatory Compliance: Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance, managing state registration and taxes, and policies and procedures.
o Record Keeping: Maintain the company's system of accounts, keeping records of all company transactions and assets.
o Accounting Functions: Maintain accounting records, such as the general ledger, payroll, and taxes. This involves planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions, including interactions with external auditors.
o Decision Support: Provide management with crucial information for decision-making.
o Budget Management: Manage the budgeting process and the automation of the reconciliation procedures.
o Process Improvement: Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes.
o Performance Metrics: Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
o Accounts Management: Oversee the accounts payable and receivable departments.
o Equity Administration: Manage equity administration and maintenance through Carta.
o Asset Protection: Ensure the protection of the company's assets through internal control and auditing.
o Team Management: Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff.
o Insurance Oversight: Manage insurance coverage and compliance for the company.
In addition to your financial responsibilities, you will also oversee:
o Facilities Management: Manage the company's facilities, including our headquarters in Saratoga/Cupertino and other locations in Campbell and Sunnyvale.
o IT Function: Manage the IT function supporting engineering and business operations.
You will work closely with the CEO, CTO, product management, and engineering leadership to align with key objectives and priorities, developing a shared vision for business and company success.
You will also support the CEO in managing relationships with existing investors, pitching the company to potential new investors, and facilitating the due diligence process. Additionally, you will support the board of director activities, including preparing information packages for board meetings and other board-related approvals.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or economics.
- 15+ years of experience working in finance and business functions acquired from private and public companies.
- 5+ years of experience in executive management roles in finance and business, including the Controller function.
- Hands-on proficiency in drafting and editing agreements from a business development perspective.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency, capable of supporting quick decision-making in dynamic environments.
- Data-driven while demonstrating the ability to make decisions in situations with incomplete information. Willingness to reevaluate past decisions or challenge assumptions when new information becomes available.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate and articulate complex problems into easily understandable solutions and requirements.
- Experience building and managing finance and operations teams with the ability to lead by example by actively engaging in hands-on work as needed.
- MBA/MS in a finance-related area
- 5+ years as a CFO in a private or venture-funded company or Controller in a public company
- Experience in the formation and operation of start-ups
- Experience in business practices and operations in major Asian countries
- 15+ years of experience working in semiconductor, display, and/or system businesses.
- Some technical background in a hardware-related field is a bonus.
Level: VP, Finance & Business Administration
Salary Range: $180,000 - $275,000