Lead DevOps Engineer (AI-powered Automation) - REMOTE Canada/Europe/LATAM
What we are building
Mimica's mission is to accelerate the discovery and deployment of automation with AI.
Our first product, Mapper, learns patterns from employee clicks and keystrokes, identifies key steps, decisions and repetition, and generates “blueprints” for automation. Today, it supports RPA teams, that build software bots for repetitive computer tasks such as data entry, form completion and claim processing. Alongside creating process maps for automation, we've introduced Miner, for automation, we have launched a companion tool, Miner, which helps enterprises identify and prioritize automation opportunities.
Our approach to engineering
- We prioritize customer needs first
- We work in small, project-based teams
- We have flexibility in terms of the problems we work on
- We own the full lifecycle of our projects
- We avoid silos and encourage taking up tasks in new areas
- We balance quality and velocity
- We have a shared responsibility for our production code
- We each set our own routine to maximize our productivity
What you will own
In this role, you will lead the evolution and growth of the infrastructure powering the Mimica platform. This means streamlining and automating our deployment and release processes, optimizing our cloud and on-premise environments, ensuring the high availability and resilience of our systems and services and helping maximize the velocity of our product engineers. As a member of our early engineering team, you‘ll help shape our technical direction and culture.
Part of your day-to-day
- Developing roadmaps, guiding decisions and implementing best practices for scalability, load balancing, fault-tolerance and disaster recovery
- Streamlining our production workflows and automating our CI/CD pipeline
- Monitoring the health, performance and security of our systems (logging, metrics, and tracing) and setting up alerts
- Taking ownership of Kubernetes-bound workloads and container orchestration tooling to optimize for high availability
- Ensuring environment consistency between development, staging and production
- Writing IaC for reproducibility and efficient configuration management
- Establishing our incident response process, leading the resolution of complex production issues and fostering a culture of prevention
- Documenting procedures and guides to facilitate knowledge sharing and mentoring other engineers on how to build/test/deploy high-quality software
- Participating in hiring and onboarding new team members; taking on broader management responsibilities as we grow
- Background in DevOps or Systems Engineering roles – provisioning, operating and managing hybrid cloud and on-prem infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with optimizing container orchestration in production as well as customizing and extending observability tooling
- Proficiency in at least one high-level scripting language and willingness to work with various modern technologies
- Strong debugging skills – methodically decomposing systems to identify bottlenecks, diagnosing issues, troubleshooting and implementing maintainable solutions
- Drive to continually develop your skills, improve team processes and reduce debt
- Fluency in English and ability to effectively communicate abstract ideas, complex concepts and technical trade-offs
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code and disaster recovery automation
- Firm grasp of networking concepts and protocols, security and platform services
- Experience leading engineers to build and integrate complex systems and deliver robust infrastructure solutions
- Familiarity with working within a high-impact, high-ambiguity startup environment – delivering value quickly and iteratively
- Active interest in AI, ML, automation, or related fields
We’d love to hear from you, even if you feel you don’t quite have all of the above.
This is a fully remote position. You can be based anywhere in Canada, Latin America, or Europe within a UTC-8 to UTC+1 timezone.
We take a structured approach to determining compensation, leveraging our internal framework, market insights, and candidate skills and experience level. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer retirement and healthcare benefits and ample paid time off, as well as valuable non-monetary perks such as flexible schedules and location, end-to-end ownership and the opportunity to contribute to projects that are poised to shape the future of work.