Lead/Senior Software Engineer, C# .NET Desktop App - REMOTE Canada/Europe/LATAM
What we are building
At Mimica, we're pioneering a novel approach to work automation: our AI learns just by observing users as they perform tasks on their computers. Our first product, Mapper, identifies key steps, decisions, patterns and exceptions in user data recorded from the UI and with OCR and automatically generates a “blueprint” for RPA bots. In addition to creating the process maps for automation, we have launched a companion tool, Miner, which allows businesses to identify and shortlist new automation opportunities.
Our approach to engineering
- We prioritize user needs first
- We work in small, project-based multi-disciplinary teams
- We have flexibility in terms of the problems we work on
- We own the full life cycles of our projects
- We avoid silos and encourage taking up tasks in new areas
- We balance quality and velocity
- We have a shared responsibility for our production code
- We each set our own routine to maximize our productivity
What you will work on
In this role, you will be responsible for improving and extending the capabilities of the Mimica Recorder. This means developing new features related to capturing user interactions (clicks, keystrokes, and screenshots), defining solutions for our most pressing challenges, releasing improvements to existing functionality and taking operational responsibility for what you build.
Part of your day-to-day
- Contributing to the development of new technology to accurately and reliably record and store sequences of desktop events
- Conducting root cause analysis and debugging issues in client Windows environments
- Refactoring components to improve system quality – performance optimizations and network improvements
- Helping us build up our tools for observability and distributed tracing (using OpenTelemetry and Grafana)
- Introducing a testing environment based on the Microsoft UI Automation framework
- Helping others to level up through pairing, knowledge-sharing and peer mentoring
- Keeping the Mimica platform up-to-date with the latest framework developments and devising innovative solutions in the Task Mining space
- Experience developing and deploying Windows applications (WinForms/WPF)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft .NET stack (C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, SQL Server) and willingness to work with various modern frameworks and tooling
- Good grasp of multi-threading and efficient cross-process communication
- Working knowledge of interacting with the Windows API and COM objects
- Advocacy for OOP design principles and engineering best practices with a focus on code quality, CI/CD and scalability
- Drive to continually develop your skills, improve team processes and reduce debt
- Fluency in English and ability to effectively communicate ideas, abstract concepts and technical trade-offs
- Understanding of efficient network communication and data transfer management using streaming, compression, etc.
- Production experience with containerization and cloud tech, like Docker, K8s and GCP/AWS
- Active interest in AI, ML, automation, or related fields
- Comfortable working within a high-impact, high-ambiguity startup environment – delivering value quickly and iteratively
We’d love to hear from you, even if you feel you don’t quite have all of the above.
We provide generous compensation and our goal is to always pay at the top of the local market. We take a structured approach to determining salaries and take into consideration our salary framework, market data, and candidates’ skills.
We also offer health benefits and ample paid time off, as well as a range of non-tangible benefits like flexible schedules and location, start-to-finish project ownership, and the opportunity to contribute to projects that will change the future of work.
This is a fully remote position. You can be based anywhere in Latin America, Canada, or the UK within a UTC-6 to UTC+1 timezone.