Senior macOS Engineer
This role is a remote position and you can work from anywhere across Canada.
Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint to cloud security company purpose-built for the intersection of enterprise and personal data. We safeguard data across devices, apps, networks and clouds through our unified, cloud-native security platform — a solution that's as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. By giving organizations and individuals greater control over their data, we enable them to unleash its value and thrive. Lookout is trusted by enterprises of all sizes, government agencies and millions of consumers to protect sensitive data, enabling them to live, work and connect — freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
As part of Lookout’s Engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category defining Personal and Enterprise products.
In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high-scale cloud systems, desktop platform (macOS) and mobile platforms (iOS) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend microservices, front-end/UI, data engineering, machine learning, threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out!
- Development and enhancement of Lookout’s category defining SASE products
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Lookout’s SASE Client Application
- Participate in the complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understanding and refining functional specification and develop for high throughput and easy to maintain systems
- Work with quality assurance and performance and automation teams in delivering high quality products
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- 5+ years of experience developing software of which a minimum of 3 years of experience is in building apps on the macOS platform
- Design and build native applications for the macOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Swift, Objective-C and core data expertise
- Great troubleshooting skills and usage of tools like XCode, IDE, Instruments
- Degree in computer or electrical engineering discipline
Nice to have:
- Working experience/knowledge of network extensions and other system extensions
- Strong object oriented programming concepts
- Understanding of network protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, VPN)
- Built mobile apps for iOS
The Canadian base salary range for this full-time position is available below. We offer base + bonus + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in Canadian role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.