Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint to cloud security company purpose-built for the intersection of enterprise and personal data. We safeguard data across devices, apps, networks and clouds through our unified, cloud-native security platform — a solution that's as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. By giving organizations and individuals greater control over their data, we enable them to unleash its value and thrive. Lookout is trusted by enterprises of all sizes, government agencies and millions of consumers to protect sensitive data, enabling them to live, work and connect — freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
In order to tackle these problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, End Point Platforms (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Lookout Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the end-to-end build, scale and management of the infrastructure required to operate CASB services. Infrastructure team is mainly focused on owning infrastructure services.
- Design, develop, automate and operationalize software updates with zero downtime
- Build and automate and secure application configuration, auto deployment and provisioning services
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure and monitor application and Infrastructure health
- Work with engineering and product management to architect and build features that are highly available, high-performance and secure
- Interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Experience managing infrastructure using major cloud providers like GCP, Azure or AWS
- Have experience with modern virtualization technologies like Docker, KVM, OpenStack or any orchestration platforms
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through Kubernetes
- Create fully automated global cloud infrastructure, that spans across multiple regions
- Automation is a part of your daily functions, so thorough familiarity with Unix Bourne shell scripting and Python as a critical survival skill.
- 7+ years of experience with BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good exposure to private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment eg : GCP
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture.
- Having experience with AWS managed services like Elastic Cache , MQ is a plus
- Experience in writing terraform code & K8s cluster creation & maintenance.
- Strong development experience in Automation using Python or other languages.
- Understanding of networking and network virtualization required.
- Extensive experience with Linux systems virtualization, and network administration.
- Good experience in Building tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Working Experience in source control tools such as GIT/GitHub/GitLab,
- AWS / GCP certification is nice to have
- Experience with big data infrastructure like Mongo DB and large SQL deployments is a big plus.
- Knowledge of distributed systems is a big plus.
- Flexible, Adaptable and proactive nature
- Great learning attitude to newest technology and a Team player