Federal Sales Engineer
Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint to cloud security company purpose-built for the intersection of enterprise and personal data. We safeguard data across devices, apps, networks and clouds through our unified, cloud-native security platform — a solution that's as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. By giving organizations and individuals greater control over their data, we enable them to unleash its value and thrive. Lookout is trusted by enterprises of all sizes, government agencies and millions of consumers to protect sensitive data, enabling them to live, work and connect — freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We’re looking for a high-energy, creative, detail-oriented and passionate person to join the Sales organization at Lookout. You will be responsible for the technical aspects of managing and growing our enterprise business with the Federal Government.
Successful candidates will be results-oriented, self-directed and have a strategic orientation balanced with a strong ability to contribute directly to the businesses we build with our customers. You will be based in the DC region and have experience supporting technical sales of software in the Federal Government Market. You will have solid contacts within the technical community. You are an experienced engineer with a successful track record of solving difficult technical issues, architecting a solution to meet customer needs, and providing valuable feedback to senior management based on customer input. You know how to ensure that your customer's needs and wants are conveyed across the organization, while primarily safeguarding the interests of your own company.
What Will You Do?
- Deliver upon the revenue plan associated with your named accounts
- Apply best practices for presentations, demos, and Proof of Concept/Value exercises as well as overall win strategy.
- Create deep ongoing relationships at multiple levels of the organization, you will represent their interests well internally, most importantly balancing Lookout’s interests within that of the customer
- Position the capabilities of Lookout Security products with the customer and help define RFP requirements
- Aid in the response to RFIs and RFPs in a timely and professional manner to win business
- Communicate customer requirements and competitive data, including feature needs, and value proposition to the product and marketing teams and senior management
- Provide input to senior management on go-to-market strategies
- Build the Lookout Security brand by presenting at seminars and conferences.
- A solid solution/sales engineer with excellent relevant experience, strong ties with customers and a positive reputation for delivery
- 7+ years of direct sales engineering experience with customers
- Experience in the cloud security market including hands on knowledge of CASB or other SASE solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to boil down complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages
- The ability to help the company become a thought leader in the endpoint to cloud security space
- Proficient in enterprise mobile (Android and iOS) device solutions
- The ability to sit on technical panels and deliver strong technical presentations to prospective customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective solutions, optimize efforts and communicate results
- Exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience as a Quota Carrying Pre Sales Engineer
- A demonstrated understanding of the federal market, including FedRAMP and other federal requirements
The US salary range for this full-time position is available below. We offer base + commission + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the on-target earnings (OTE) and does not include equity or benefits.