Staff Android Engineer
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Lookout is a remote first company and has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Taiwan, Tokyo and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter
As part of Lookout’s Engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded in exploring new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
- Build an incredible Android product suite, including designing, estimating, and delivering high quality solutions that secure hundreds of millions of users
- Champion the great mobile architecture and good software design paradigms
- Work closely with product management & design teams to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, & processes
- Collaborate with other mobile app teams and support them with the adoption of new platform features
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- At least 8+ years building & shipping commercial mobile software for the Android platform
- Proficiency with Kotlin and a deep knowledge/usage of the Android SDK
- Working knowledge of Java and the Gradle build system
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming, data modeling and design patterns.
- Proven track record of developing highly scalable designs.
- Demonstrated track record of developing clean and maintainable code.
- Ability to break complex problems down into smaller components that are loosely coupled and testable
- Discipline for testing and automation - unit, functional, integration, etc.
- Stellar communication skills; able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where everyday offers new challenges
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
- Understanding of networking terminology & protocols
- Experience in the security space
- Experience developing on iOS platforms
- Personal apps available on Google Play Store