Business Development Representative
Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint to cloud security company purpose-built for the intersection of enterprise and personal data. We safeguard data across devices, apps, networks and clouds through our unified, cloud-native security platform — a solution that's as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. By giving organizations and individuals greater control over their data, we enable them to unleash its value and thrive. Lookout is trusted by enterprises of all sizes, government agencies and millions of consumers to protect sensitive data, enabling them to live, work and connect — freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for outbound prospecting into target accounts and for inbound lead qualification within an assigned territory. This role requires a motivated self-starter capable of making things happen and getting results.
You will utilize phone, email, Linkedin and other channels of prospecting to contribute to building a pipeline of qualified opportunities through the creation of leads, pre-qualifying prospects, and initiating prospect meetings.
The Business Development Representative will report to the BDR manager. This role will require you to be in the Boston office 3 days a week and 2 days WFH.
- Schedule discovery calls leading to qualified opportunities and pipelines for AE’s
- Hunt for new business opportunities through a high volume of outbound activity in a metric driven sales process
- Gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of our value proposition and technology solutions to position to prospects
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitors' products and pricing to keep up-to-date on knowledge of the industry
- Work closely with BDR team, BDR management, marketing & sales teams to identify target customer profile lists and execute strategic prospecting plans
- Collaborate with Account Executives to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Contribute to account mapping and territory planning to maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects in Salesforce CRM
- Self-starter with sales “hunter” mentality
- Strong competitive nature and desire to win
- Highly coachable and interested in developing sales skills through ongoing coaching and training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency, ability to constantly prioritize, awareness of timelines and deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Office Suites, along with Salesforce CRM
The US salary range for this full-time position is available below. We offer base + commission + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the on-target earnings (OTE) and does not include equity or benefits.