Sr. Staff Dataplane Engineer - SSE
Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint to cloud security company purpose-built for the intersection of enterprise and personal data. We safeguard data across devices, apps, networks and clouds through our unified, cloud-native security platform — a solution that's as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. By giving organizations and individuals greater control over their data, we enable them to unleash its value and thrive. Lookout is trusted by enterprises of all sizes, government agencies and millions of consumers to protect sensitive data, enabling them to live, work and connect — freely and safely. To learn more about the Lookout Cloud Security Platform, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on our blog, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Participate in design, and development of new network security technologies for SSE border gateways, and work with QA to ensure the quality of the deliveries.
- Interact with Product Managers to define new features, refine requirements and write functional specifications.
- As a service owner, responsible for BGW operations, incident handling, and defect fixing.
- Along with the Tech pubs team, ensure that the features are appropriately documented.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to work harmoniously in a dynamic group.
- Good knowledge and experience in computer architecture, operating systems, data structure, algorithms, and programming practices.
- Good understanding on basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS).
- Proficiency in at least one of the programming languages, C, C++.
- Good writing skills.
Preferred Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge and experience in deep packet inspection, firewall.
- Knowledge and experience in network security, SASE, NAT, ALG, VPN, TLS, routing, etc
- Knowledge and experience in AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Knowledge and experience in DPDK.