Sr. Product Designer
Lexion is a fast-growing, fun, venture-backed startup founded at the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. We raised our Series B in April 2023, backed by Point72 Ventures and Citi Ventures, and we’re on a mission to help every team get deals done faster.
Our team is made up of world-class NLP experts, seasoned large-scale product builders, and veterans of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and SurveyMonkey. AI investors (including A16Z, Sequoia, and Goldman Sachs) voted Lexion as one of the top 40 Intelligent Applications to watch in 2022—and we’re trusted by brands like Outreach, OfferUp, Brooks Running and more.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to be an early member of the Lexion team, build category-defining products, and make a real impact in tech.
We're hiring for a Sr Product Designer that will be part of a small but mighty team of designers that are literally defining the future of how AI should function within enterprise products.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to deliver high quality, end-to-end experiences in a fast-paced startup environment
- Transform business and customer requirements into effective, efficient, and elegant solutions.
- Use strong systems thinking to enhance existing workflows and experiences for scalability.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to understand user needs, behaviors, and motivators that lead to engagement and realization of customer value.
- Translate abstract concepts into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, rapid prototypes, and final design executions.
- Create designs informed by long-term vision and product strategy while also helping the product team design a lean MVP
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering team members to understand customers and markets, develop product strategies and detailed requirements and designs, and ensure successful release to market.
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Contribute to evolving design practices and resources, supporting the digital maturity of our organization.
What we’re looking for:
- Has 5+ years of professional experience in a Product Design role within a startup environment
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates clear design thinking, craftsmanship, and measurable impact
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity in a fast moving startup environment with a solution-oriented attitude.
- Effortlessly balances multiple projects and competing priorities while communicating trade-offs
- Is fluent in standard methodologies for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design processes, and a strong knowledge of UX principles and techniques
- An excellent communicator that articulates design decisions and evangelizes the value of design and how it impacts the product.
- Has strong analytical skills, using qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions
- Has a deep sense of ownership and accountability for the quality of work you lead and deliver
- Humility, enthusiasm, and ability to build relationships, foster trust, and develop shared understanding
- Is an expert in prototyping and an aficionado in Figma, Figjam, and other modern design tools
- Is familiar with Legal Ops and CLMs
- Experienced in building design systems in Storybook
- Passionate about AI, NLP, and LLMs
(And a note to those of you who read this far and are worried you might not be qualified. Apply anyway. You might be just the person we're looking for.)
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Salary range: $115,000 - $165,000 plus bonus
Lexion is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view the related Know Your Rights compliance poster and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision by clicking on their corresponding links.