Lexion is a fast-growing, fun, venture-backed startup founded at the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. We raised our Series B in April 2023, backed by Point72 Ventures and Citi Ventures, and we’re on a mission to help every team get deals done faster.
Our team is made up of world-class NLP experts, seasoned large-scale product builders, and veterans of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and SurveyMonkey. AI investors (including A16Z, Sequoia, and Goldman Sachs) voted Lexion as one of the top 40 Intelligent Applications to watch in 2022—and we’re trusted by brands like Outreach, OfferUp, Brooks Running, BlueNile and more.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to be an early member of the Lexion team, build category-defining products, and make a real impact in tech.
Lexion is seeking an Account Executive to grow the business. You will be responsible for managing deal cycles from generation to close, both by prospecting and targeting key accounts from scratch, as well as managing incoming leads.
We are looking for individuals who can help in-house legal teams, sales orgs, and finance teams understand the value that Lexion can provide: gain insights about what’s in their contracts, measure the productivity of legal departments, and scale their business and legal operations.
You will be the primary contact with the customer and have the responsibilities of uncovering challenges, solutioning (running demos, trials, and technical validations), positioning competitively, and negotiating contracts to win new business. This position works closely with many teams, including BDRs, Marketing, and Customer Success.
You’re comfortable communicating with senior business leaders and C-suite executives, while managing a large funnel, and working within a team environment. You will be meeting with legal and operations professionals looking to improve the management of their contracts and scale their legal operations.
Successful candidates must be solution-focused, customer-centric, data-driven, possess an aptitude for learning and using new software, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
In this role you will:
- Work full-cycle deals from prospecting to close
- Research and target in-house legal teams at mid-sized companies
- Develop and deploy a diverse prospecting strategy focused on building relationships
- Learn and demonstrate Lexion to new prospective customers
- Negotiate contracts
- Record and document all sales activities in a CRM
What we look for:
- Minimum of 3+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience selling to users and decision makers in the mid-market space, ideally to a G&A function such as legal, HR, or accounting/finance.
- Experience selling “transactional” SaaS product(s), where ACVs are $15k-$50k with 30-60 day sales cycles.
- Strong drive to win deals and create happy customers.
- Ability to understand the product you are selling as an expert.
- Well organized, and you know how to qualify, prioritize, and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership qualities we can use as we keep growing.
- Strong understanding of how to outbound prospect with or without a dedicated territory.
- Track record of forecasting accurately and have strong pipeline management skills.
- Experience with CRM tools and sales engagement platforms (such as SFDC and Outreach) for effective pipeline management.
- Experience working closely with BDRs.
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Salary range: $80,000 - $105,000 plus commissions
Lexion is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view the related Know Your Rights compliance poster and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision by clicking on their corresponding links.