Engineering Lead, Transactions
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
Job Summary: Cards and Transactions is at the core of the Level product and experience. We are looking for an engineering leader that can lead and grow a team working on mission critical part of Level.
What You'll Do:
- Grow the team and invest in the personal growth of the team members.
- Partner with product manager counterpart to set and execute towards the vision for the team.
- Ensure reliable execution of projects and features.
- Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for Level as a whole.
- You will partner with many functions at Level including Operations, Legal, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Level
Who You Are:
- Strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience with software engineering and systems design.
- Experience in a payments related industry.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience of teams that have shipped and operated critical infrastructure.
- Owned the technical roadmap for critical business areas and consistently demonstrated the ability to deliver the growth.
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and has a good intuition for what is lasting, scalable, and maintainable.
- Enjoy learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work. You’ll learn a ton about global money movement rails, currency conversion, inter-company flows, finance and accounting, and more.
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- Experience working with confidential and highly sensitive information.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents
- 100% employer paid dental through Level with a $3,000 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- 100% employer paid vision through Level with an $800 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- Generous additional fringe benefits offered through Level’s platform:
- $700 in Office Funds available in your first 90 days to assist with getting your home office set up
- $4,000 lifetime balance through our Medical Travel EAP
- $1,000 annually through Level’s Mental Health EAP
- $150 monthly through our Wellbeing lifestyle spending account
- $3,000 annually in Education benefits (made available upon your 1 year anniversary) that can be used to continue professional education or be applied towards student loan payments.
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $185,000 and a midpoint base salary of $200,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: