Enterprise Sales Director
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize your existing network connections and actively prospect for new enterprise-level clients (defined as employers over 2k) in the benefits space. Identify key decision-makers, advisors, and stakeholders that can close opportunities with target companies and engage in strategic outreach to build strong relationships.
- Utilize existing and build new relationships with WTW, Mercer and Aon in one of four defined territories to increase top of funnel opportunities.
- Collaborate with Consultant Partnerships role to execute on strategies to increase activity at key consulting firms.
- Demonstrate a tenacious "go-getter" mentality, relentlessly pursuing new opportunities, and consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Understand the unique needs and challenges of prospective clients in the benefits industry. Employ a consultative approach to position Level as the optimal choice to address their specific requirements.
- Conduct persuasive and compelling presentations that showcase the value and benefits of Level’s unique offering. Tailor presentations to address the needs of individual prospects and demonstrate how our solutions can improve their business outcomes.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Design, Product, Operations and Accounts teams to create customized proposals and quotes, ensuring they align with Level’s capabilities as well as the client's needs and deliverables.
- Lead negotiation processes, demonstrating strong communication and persuasion skills to close deals successfully and achieve revenue objectives.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor offerings, and market conditions in the benefits space. Use this knowledge to educate internal teams on evolving customer needs and help Level to maintain a competitive edge.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, client interactions, and prospecting efforts in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, legal, product, accounts, operations and customer support, to ensure a seamless experience for our clients throughout the sales and implementation process
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of successful enterprise sales experience in the benefits industry (benefit consultant, carrier or point solution experience), with a consistent track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Possess a substantial and well-established network of connections within the benefits space (CPO, CHRO buyers, consulting firms), allowing for immediate prospecting and relationship-building.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, target-driven environment, with a strong passion for prospecting and acquiring new clients.
- Deep understanding of the benefits industry, including employee benefits, insurance products, wellness programs, and/or other related areas. Experience working alongside a B2B2C+Consultant distribution model.
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset, eager to work with various internal stakeholders to achieve shared goals.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, enabling the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- For those not in the NYC area, we offer up to $500 monthly for renting a co-working or office space
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents
- 100% employer paid dental through Level with a $3,000 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- 100% employer paid vision through Level with an $800 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- Generous additional fringe benefits offered through Level’s platform:
- $150 monthly through our Wellbeing lifestyle spending account
- $700 in Office Funds available in your first 90 days to assist with getting your home office set up
- $1,000 annually through Level’s Mental Health EAP
- $3,000 annually in Education benefits (made available upon your 1 year anniversary) that can be used to continue professional education or be applied towards student loan payments.
- $4,000 lifetime balance through our Medical Travel EAP
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $175,000 with OTE at 350K on a currently uncapped comp program. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: