Software Engineer, Intelligence
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Full-stack software engineering (leaning mostly back-end).
- Design and build scalable real-time systems to solve problems that increase access to benefits.
- Produce detailed component designs, and core interface and API designs. Implement and optimize designed solutions, and enhance them with new features.
- Ingest external static data to support Level’s card processing and operational requirements.
- Build, monitor and manage pipelines to ensure data quality.
- Work cross-functionally with product, operations and data teams to realize and launch Level's products.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience handling big data.
- Experience with data pipelines, data management, API development and textual search scenarios.
- Exposure to machine learning and NLP techniques.
- Experience with End-to-end ownership in developing new features that have been launched to completion.
- Experience working cross-functionally on high performing teams and handling sensitive data
- Passion to build highly available and scalable processing systems and architectures.
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Go, Python
- Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- MySQL, BigQuery, Looker
- Protocol Buffers, gRPC
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- For those not in the NYC area, we offer up to $500 monthly for renting a co-working or office space
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents
- 100% employer paid dental through Level with a $3,000 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- 100% employer paid vision through Level with an $800 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- Generous additional fringe benefits offered through Level’s platform:
- $150 monthly through our Wellbeing lifestyle spending account
- $700 in Office Funds available in your first 90 days to assist with getting your home office set up
- $1,000 annually through Level’s Mental Health EAP
- $3,000 annually in Education benefits (made available upon your 1 year anniversary) that can be used to continue professional education or be applied towards student loan payments.
- $4,000 lifetime balance through our Medical Travel EAP
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $135,000 and a midpoint base salary of $150,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: