Software Engineer, Mobile
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Build scalable mobile applications for our Members
- Define architecture, frameworks, and solutions to support new features for external customers
- Collaborate with product and design to experiences that are elegant in their simplicity
- Mentor junior team members
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of programming experience with significant experience in at least 1 mobile technology (React Native, Android, iOS)
- 2+ years of experience building complex mobile applications
- Experience with developing customer-facing features in collaboration with product and design teams
- Experience defining extensible development patterns for mobile applications
- Enjoy mentoring team members with your expertise and discoveries
- Experience working with highly sensitive information (PII/PHI)
- A passion for working in high performing teams and delivering products to end-users
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- React/React Native
- Typescript, Go
- Protobuf/gRPC, Kubernetes, MySQL, Elastic Search
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Wellbeing and Office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $150,000 and a midpoint base salary of $175,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: