Head of Infrastructure
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Level’s infrastructure engineering strategy and execution
- Work with teams to define their vision, strategy and goals by clarifying and maintaining consistency with larger organizational goals
- Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration and leadership so they can actualize their career goals
- Collaborate with other stakeholders like security, sales and customer success in the company for the organization's product direction and execution
- Implement systems and processes that drive efficiency and quality
- Plan for growth of their organization and scale the team efficiently
- Facilitate strong engineering culture with retrospectives, postmortems, lunch and learns, and consistent coding standards
Who You Are:
- 12+ years hands on technical experience
- 5+ years overall leadership experience with at least 2+ years of senior management experience
- Track record of leading infrastructure or SRE teams at a company with strong engineering driven culture with a strong emphasis on reliability and security
- Expertise in system architecture with an emphasis on designing secure, highly available, fault tolerant systems
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their engineering and leadership skills
- Experience with at least one programming language, configuration management systems (Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, Puppet, Chef), container management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos), and major cloud infrastructure ecosystems (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Wellbeing and Office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $215,000 and a midpoint base salary of $250,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: