Regulatory and Licensing Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Regulatory and Licensing Specialist to join our dynamic in-house Legal & Compliance department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping to refine and strengthen Lessen and its affiliated entities’ regulatory compliance program, ensuring adherence to relevant industry laws, including contractor licensure, permitting, and other statutory requirements at the state and municipal levels. This individual will play a pivotal role in preparing licensure applications and collaborating with internal teams to enhance our licensure depth and future state.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, implement, and manage the company's regulatory and licensing compliance program, ensuring alignment with state and municipal laws and regulations governing property services.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews and assessments to identify compliance requirements and potential risks related to licensure, permitting, and other statutory obligations.
- Prepare and submit licensure applications, ensuring accuracy and completeness while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain licensure standards, integrating compliance measures into operational processes and future business strategies.
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates and industry developments, providing guidance and training to internal stakeholders on compliance matters.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory inquiries, audits, and inspections, and facilitate prompt and effective responses.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies, business administration, or a related field; or a combination of education and demonstrated work experience. Advanced certifications or specialized training in compliance or licensure management are a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in compliance, regulatory affairs, or licensure management within the property services industry or a related field.
- Proven track record of successfully preparing licensure applications and navigating state and municipal regulatory processes.
- Strong understanding of contractor licensure, permitting, and other statutory requirements at state and municipal levels.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively across diverse teams.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Technologically proficient, with the ability to leverage tools for compliance management and process improvement.
- Experience in SaaS or Construction
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new software and systems quickly
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.