Vendor Sourcing Specialist
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
The Vendor Sourcing Specialist supports the Exteriors department by sourcing, qualifying and contracting vendors, building collaborative relationships, monitoring and developing their performance, and acting as the prime point of contact for vendors over commercial, contractual and practical arrangements. The position is expected to use independent judgment and discretion to locate vendors and negotiate terms with those vendors in a way best benefiting the Company.
What You'll Do:
- Interview, identify and qualify new vendors in assigned market and service lines; establish and grow relationships with vendors through direct communication to achieve seamless, high-quality service and advantageous pricing.
- Negotiate pricing and service terms with vendors for contracted services while maintaining margin requirements.
- Communicate with vendors on insurance and other compliance requirements; ensure vendor meets the minimum requirements to work for Lessen.
- Ensure proper and timely onboarding of new client accounts; initiate the recurrence of existing seasonal accounts.
- Analyze opportunities and risks with vendors and vendor onboarding team; recommends resolution to leadership.
- Analyze location alignment and capacity opportunities; recommends improvements to leadership
- Understand varying scopes of work of our clients and convey those requirements to vendors.
- Establish and grow relationships with vendors.
- Take ownership of complex issues escalated by the client independently and with a sense of urgency; maintains responsibility for ultimate resolution and escalates the most consequential issues to department leadership with actionable recommendations for solutions.
- Work with operations team to identify and terminate underperforming vendors.
- Must be available to adjust work schedule during high peak periods when necessary.
You Should Have:
- Excellent Microsoft product skills - high-level experience with Excel and Word required.
- Experience/ability to setup/lead meetings or plan remote business events required.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Experience in Facilities, Supply chain, or Procurement preferred
- 3-5 years customer service or related experience preferred
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.