Vice President of Commercial Sales
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
The key purpose of the Vice President of Commercial Sales is to deliver the growth strategy and ensure top-line growth with bottom line profit for the US market. The role will manage the growth within all work streams and Commercial business unit and hold the responsibility of developing the capabilities in their Commercial Sales team. They manage the internal sales / business development teams to ensure continuous activity, productivity, predictability, and compliance while maintaining a culture of high integrity and accountability. They maintain effective and collaborative relationships internally across Lessen departments, adding value and FM knowledge to discussions. Maintain key customer targets while leading teams to develop complex and innovative strategic solution sales initiatives that create value for our customers and Lessen. This individual will serve as a point of contact for executive leaders and influencers.
What You'll Do:
- Overall departmental responsibility to execute the sales plan.
- Actively generate new leads in line with targeted segments in cooperation with Marketing and Lead Generation.
- Ensure Lessen's Sales processes and tools are followed effectively within the commercial team
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives with the purpose of driving the top-line and position Lessen as the preferred FM partner in the US.
- Contribute in key solution sales processes and prioritized customer engagement activities.
- Reinforce a positive working environment through a strong, effective, and collaborative leadership style, ongoing communications with the team and internal Lessen peers, celebrating success and rewarding outstanding performance.
- Partner with HR team to ensure the department is effectively staffed and trained.
- Monitor proposal quality and details of solution and pricing accuracy is win/win.
- Maintain and foster existing C suite customer relationships and networks to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date, detailed customer knowledge and industry data; serves as an active member of groups and associations related to the industry and relevant customers.
- Operate within Financial, Legal, and Ethical Policies responsible for driving the growth of revenue and profit originating from the Sales department; manages the Sales Profit and Loss statement.
- Domestic travel required up to 30%.
You Should Have:
- Tremendous Solution Sales team leader with at least 10 years of sales experience and 5 years of sales leadership with a background in complex sales and solution selling to senior level executives of large organizations in Facilities Management.
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook preferred.
- Salesforce, HubSpot, Sales Navigator experience preferred.
- Proven track record in successfully converting business solution proposals to wins through creative and innovative thinking and based on a solid analysis of customer needs
- Track record of achieving or exceeding sales goals as a leader of sales hunters and farmers closing deals whose individual quotas are in the $10m range.
- Strong knowledge about distributed Facility Services portfolio.
- Has attracted, built, trained, motivated, and rewarded great sales teams and created an infectious culture of winning, quota achievement/overachievement and having fun.
- Strong across the board sales strategy and process skills including account strategy, account planning, prospecting, pipeline management, accurate forecasting, analytics, closing skills and monthly reporting.
- Tremendous internal communications and relationship skills that builds bridges and drives effective information flow to all key executives.
- Executive presence, maturity, and gravitas. Can effectively engage with senior level executives on a wide range of strategic and operational issues they face.
- Advanced proficiency in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward.
- Advanced proficiency in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing and succession planning.
- Advanced proficiency in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential.
- Proficient in engaging multiple teams through communication, processes, personal impact and influence.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Extensive knowledge of sales process, methodology and data required
- At least 10 years of sales experience and 5 years of sales leadership with a background in complex sales and solution selling to senior level executives of large organizations in Facilities Management. Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.