Executive Vice President of Multifamily
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
The Executive Vice President of Multifamily is a key strategic leadership role within Lessen. You will lead the overall strategy, programs and development for the multifamily division focused on delivering tech forward renovations, turns and repairs and maintenance services for a wide array of clients. The EVP plays a crucial part in driving the growth of the business, ensuring operational consistency, mentoring senior leadership, and forging strategic partnerships both internally and externally. You will ensure your team is consistently operating at a high level and in alignment with the strategic plan to meet and exceed client expectations. You will set goals, create, and drive budgets, motivate desired behavior, results, and culture. You will be a visible and external-facing ambassador for Lessen expected to solve complex problems, inspire collaboration, and encourage positive experiences for our clients and vendors and most importantly drive growth in this newer division.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement near and long-term strategies for the multifamily division in alignment with the company's broader vision.
- Monitor market trends, identify growth opportunities and potential risks, and guide the team in seizing new business opportunities.
- Establish programs, initiatives, and training while working with cross-functional teams to deliver consistent results across multiple markets.
- Lead your direct team of high-level managers in client account management, program management, project bidding and estimation while working with sales, operations delivery, and shared services teams to consistently deliver results.
- Leverage your professional network while guiding the sales teams to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Proactively assess market performance against established operating and financial goals and execute improvement initiatives, constantly striving for enhanced performance
- Evaluate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting metrics, turning analysis into action plans to optimize performance.
- Work with product and technology teams to enhance the internal and external facing tools with the operations delivery teams.
- Mentor and manage direct reports on how to effectively meet client KPI’s on multifamily projects
- Simultaneously drive multiple, time sensitive tasks to completion while displaying a focus on quality and ethics, a bias for action and a self-driven sense of urgency
- Develop your team, career growth initiatives and build succession planning within the group
- Develop and analyze metrics, identify operational trends, and anticipate business needs
- Build positive and meaningful relationships with others and generate trust with clients, vendors, and colleagues
- Travel to markets to make critical in-person connections with your team and key clients
You Should Have:
- 15+ years of asset management, operations or investment leadership experience in progressively senior positions, multifamily experience required.
- Strong knowledge of building, managing and growing multifamily operations or asset management teams
- Well-developed organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
- Polished and professional communication skills - both oral & written
- Ability to work efficiently, multi-task and quickly pivot as unexpected priorities arise
- Proven record of working independently and delivering exceptional results in a metrics-based environment
- A positive attitude and the ability to motivate and develop those around you while being a team player
- The ability to creatively solve complex problems and reach mutually agreeable compromises
- Experience with Real Estate technology including a general technical proficiency; must have the ability to quickly pick up and master new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.