Field Service Technician
Charleston, SC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company, resulting in an increased combined enterprise company valuation of over $2 billion. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
The Field Service Technician position is a hands-on role that is responsible for coordination and completion of projects with sub-vendors as well as self-performed work in support of our Field Project Managers in all aspects of the projects to which they are assigned. The successful candidate will have experience with residential and multifamily service, be familiar with punch lists, have a keen eye for quality and hands on skills to deliver a superior work product.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to, troubleshoot, track, execute on punch lists and/or workorders.
- Coordinate with internal service teams and external vendors to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Inspect work progress, deliver materials, close out project deficiency lists.
- Coordinates with internal procurement teams to order materials and manage inventory of warehouse materials.
- Plan and coordinate activities within the project to ensure specialty items are installed in the correct order.
- Provide updates and photos to internal project teams to ensure tasks and punch lists of the project are completed on time.
- Other duties as assigned
You Should Have:
- 3-5 years’ Experience in the following areas:
- General maintenance or “Handyman” work within residential, apartment units and/or building common areas.
- Plumbing: P-traps, shower valves, sweat/solder pipe, repair/replace toilet flush valves, faucets, disposals, and shut-off valves, snake sinks, tubs, toilets, etc.
- Electrical - Change lights, switches, outlets, fixtures, troubleshoot simple work
- HVAC – Light HVAC work
- Drywall - Patch, replace, mud, and texture big or small
- Tiling floors and showers, surround installs, hang cabinets, install countertops, swap out shower valves and cartridges, install LVT, deck repair, install windows, blinds, etc.
- Lock and doorknob replacement, install lockboxes
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or apartment complexes.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping, and irrigation systems
- Ability to complete hands on tasks and punch work in residential properties.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Ability to collaborate with others effectively
- Ability to utilize hand and power tools effectively
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
- Strong communication skills (both oral & written)
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at once
· Competitive compensation
· Health Insurance 100% paid for by Lessen for employee-only coverage
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Incentive Stock Options (Equity)
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
See more open positions at Lessen
Something looks off?