Accounting & Finance
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2023
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company, resulting in an increased combined enterprise company valuation of over $2 billion. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
We are seeking a strong Senior Staff Accountant to join our finance team. This is the perfect position for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can manage multiple priorities, and is a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team player. This role will provide the opportunity to grow and work closely with the Controller and other business leaders.
What You’ll Do:
· Complete month-end close procedures within prescribed timeframes in a timely and accurate manner. This individual will take ownership of specific balance sheet and P&L accounts, preparation of journal entries, completion of account reconciliations, and resolution of discrepancies.
· Maintain balance sheet accounts and perform monthly reconciliations.
· Assist with the development and implementation of new accounting policies.
· Responsible for reviewing financial statements and performing fluctuation analyses of the balance sheet and P&L
· Analyze and explain monthly gross margin variances
· Support the annual audit, including preparation of audit schedules and financial statements
· Create documentation of processes and procedures
· Assist with technical accounting research and memos, and preparation of corresponding schedules and posting of journal entries
· Partner closely with FP&A and various cross-functional teams
· Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands
· Complete ad hoc projects as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned
You Should Have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 4+ years of accounting experience
· CPA (or eligible to sit for the CPA exam) preferred
· High proficiency with Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, Macros, etc.)
· Detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on understanding operations
· Proactive and self-motivated accounting professional, able to think independently
· Intellectual curiosity and initiative to dive in, ask questions, and figure things out
· Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Strong understanding of accounting theory and knowledge of US GAAP
· Comfortable with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy
· Authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship
· Mix of big 4 public accounting and private industry experience
· Experience with NetSuite and/or Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
· Experience in SaaS or Construction
· Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new software and systems quickly
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Competitive compensation
· Health Insurance 100% paid for by Lessen for employee-only coverage
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
See more open positions at Lessen
Something looks off?