Senior Data Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Kiddom is a groundbreaking educational platform that promotes student equity and growth by uniting high-quality instructional materials with dynamic digital learning. Through unparalleled curriculum management functionality, Kiddom empowers schools and districts to take ownership of their curriculum – resulting in learning experiences tailored to meet the unique needs and goals of local communities. Kiddom’s high-quality curriculum is layered with robust teacher and leader data insights to drive the continuous improvement of instructional decisions, school/district programming, and professional learning.
About the Team
The Data Architecture team builds and supports Kiddom’s data systems. In addition to improving the core architecture of our curriculum graphs and analytics, they also support other teams in the company and their usage of the Kiddom data platform, with an eye for student data privacy and security.
About the Role
You will work closely with other departments, including Product, Engineering, and Analytics, to understand and cater to their data needs. You will also define and document data workflows, pipelines, and transformation processes for clear understanding and knowledge sharing.
Scalable Data Pipeline Construction:
Design, build, and maintain scalable data pipelines to transform raw data into analytics-ready datasets.
Ensure optimal performance, reliability, and efficiency of the data pipelines.
Optimization and Performance Tuning:
Monitor the data infrastructure for performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations as necessary.
Collaborate with other engineering teams to ensure seamless data integration with high availability.
Tech Stack Mastery:
Leverage SQL, DBT, Golang, Python, and AWS tools to enhance our data infrastructure.
keeping the Kiddom team updated on the latest advancements in AI and data engineering tools and best practices.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholdersDo you have a strong understanding of PII compliance and best practices in data handling and storage. If you also exhibit strong problem-solving skills, with a knack for optimizing performance and ensuring data integrity and accuracy, we want to chat!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer, and 8+ years of software engineering experience (including data engineering)
- Expertise with RDMS and Data Warehousing, demonstrating ability to design and optimize data pipelines, systems and architectures.
- Experience in managed services for data ingestion/processing with hands-on experience working in AWS environments and operational experience of Kinesis/Kafka, S3, among others.
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL and a solid understanding of NoSQL & graph databases (e.g., Cassandra, Neptune).
- Experience with distributed processing technologies and frameworks, such as Hadoop, Flink and distributed storage systems (e.g., HDFS, S3).
- Expertise with any of ETL schedulers such as Airflow, Dagster, Prefect or similar frameworks.
Salary range is dependent on geography, past experience, seniority, and demonstrated role related ability during the interview process.
What we offer
-Full time permanent employees are eligible for the following benefits from their first day:
-Health benefits: medical (various PPO/HMO/HSA plans), dental, vision, disability and life insurance
-10 paid sick days per year
-Unlimited vacation time policy (subject to internal approval). Average use 4 weeks off per year.
-Paid family leave after birth/adoption of caretakers and minimum of 16 paid weeks for birthing parents. Meant to supplement benefits offered by State.
COVID Vaccination Policy
Kiddom policy requires employees to be vaccinated before they visit an office or attend company events..
We have remote roles but in certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination.