Spanish Translation Curriculum Writer
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Kiddom is a groundbreaking educational platform that promotes student equity and growth by uniting high-quality instructional materials with dynamic digital learning. Through unparalleled curriculum management functionality, Kiddom empowers schools and districts to take ownership of their curriculum – resulting in learning experiences tailored to meet the unique needs and goals of local communities. Kiddom’s high-quality curriculum is layered with robust teacher and leader data insights to drive the continuous improvement of instructional decisions, school/district programming, and professional learning.
We are a passionate, collaborative team focused on building transformative education technology and making a measurable impact in K-12 education.
We strive to create an inclusive, positive team culture where everyone is respected and valued for everything they bring to Kiddom, not just what they produce.
As a Spanish Translation Curriculum Writer, you will play a crucial role in developing educational materials that facilitate effective learning experiences for Spanish-speaking students. You will be responsible for translating, adapting, and creating curriculum content in Spanish, ensuring accuracy, cultural relevance, and alignment with educational standards. Collaboration with subject matter experts, educators, and other stakeholders will be essential to produce high-quality Spanish-language curriculum resources.
- Translate educational content from English to Spanish while maintaining accuracy and clarity.
- Adapt curriculum materials to ensure cultural relevance and suitability for Spanish-speaking students.
- Collaborate with curriculum development teams to create original educational materials in Spanish.
- Align curriculum content with relevant educational standards and learning objectives.
- Conduct thorough reviews of translated and adapted materials to ensure linguistic precision, coherence, and pedagogical effectiveness.
- Stay updated on educational trends, language usage, and curriculum development practices in Spanish-speaking regions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with subject matter experts (SMEs), educators, and curriculum designers to react and respond to feedback for continuous improvement
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule and proactively communicate any issues
- Maintain clear documentation of the translation and adoption processes, ensuring consistency and ability for future reference.
- Engage in professional development opportunities to enhance language proficiency, pedagogical knowledge, and curriculum writing skills
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree in Spanish, Education, Curriculum Development, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and a deep understanding of the language's cultural nuances.
- Proven experience in translating and adapting educational content, preferably in a curriculum development context.
- Familiarity with educational standards and learning objectives in Spanish-speaking regions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality curriculum materials.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Salary range is dependent on geography, past experience, seniority, and demonstrated role related ability during the interview process.
What we offer
-Full time permanent employees are eligible for the following benefits from their first day:
-Health benefits: medical (various PPO/HMO/HSA plans), dental, vision, disability and life insurance
-10 paid sick days per year
-Unlimited vacation time policy (subject to internal approval). Average use 4 weeks off per year.
-Paid family leave after birth/adoption of caretakers and minimum of 16 paid weeks for birthing parents. Meant to supplement benefits offered by State.
COVID Vaccination Policy
Kiddom policy requires employees to be vaccinated before they visit an office or attend company events..
We have remote roles but in certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination.