Product Manager, Curriculum
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
About the Company
Kiddom is a groundbreaking educational platform that promotes student equity and growth by uniting high-quality instructional materials with dynamic digital learning. Through unparalleled curriculum management functionality, Kiddom empowers schools and districts to take ownership of their curriculum – resulting in learning experiences tailored to meet the unique needs and goals of local communities. Kiddom’s high-quality curriculum is layered with robust teacher and leader data insights to drive the continuous improvement of instructional decisions, school/district programming, and professional learning.
About the Product Management Team
Our product team is obsessed with supporting teachers, helping them increase student outcomes, and creating the conditions whereby classroom learning is fun and engaging. Our product team sits at the center of the Kiddom organization because it’s their task to prioritize what we build to enable teachers and learners.
Kiddom’s product managers work closely with end users (educators), designers, and engineers to define, test, deploy, and measure the impact of new and existing features. Our product managers use data, interviews, and testing to conceptualize, create, and deliver solutions to meet the unique needs of our users.
About the Role
The PMC at Kiddom is envisioned as a strategic thinker and effective executor. Armed with a deep understanding of curriculum, they are primed to identify and develop key features, optimize instructional routines, and craft content workflows.
The PMC at Kiddom will leverage a unique skill set in curriculum development and product management to address complex challenges, enhancing both customer satisfaction and organizational success. As a central figure in a diverse product portfolio, they will foster cross-departmental collaborations, ensuring our solutions continuously evolve to exceed user needs and expectations.
You are an expert in K-12 curriculum and also possesses a good understanding of the software product development cycle and Agile methodology. You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to translate complex customer needs into practical and actionable product strategies
- Work closely with the Content Instructional Engineering team to identify and evaluate potential updates needed in the curriculum to bridge the gap between new Conduct and manage the gap analysis, and drive the strategic initiatives that stem from this analysis
- Partner with other teams during the design and development of interactive learning activities that make the learning process fun and engaging for students.
- Support Kiddom's Strategic Partnerships Manager in business development efforts, maintaining strong partnerships, and promoting alignment of objectives and effective collaboration
- Leverage deep understanding of curriculum to optimize instructional routines, improving educational delivery and efficiency
- Develop and manage content workflows, ensuring a seamless integration of curriculum with our platform, while prioritizing a user-centric approach to enhance user experience
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to help inform product direction and decisions and facilitate purposeful feedback gathering initiatives with internal and external customers to inform product priorities
- 7+ years of experience in curriculum development and management, and ideally with strong understanding and experience in product software development
- Demonstrated ability to manage the lifecycle of a digital product in a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup environment
- Established subject matter expertise in K-12 curriculum
- Leadership experience within Mathematics, ELA, Science Curriculum/Product Management or a similar position
- In-depth understanding of teacher pedagogy, student engagement and growth
Salary range is dependent on geography, past experience, seniority, and demonstrated role related ability during the interview process.
What we offer
We are a passionate, collaborative team focused on building transformative education technology and making a measurable impact in K-12 education.
We strive to create an inclusive, positive team culture where everyone is respected and valued for everything they bring to Kiddom, not just what they produce.
Full time permanent employees are eligible for the following benefits from their first day:
-Health benefits: medical (various PPO/HMO/HSA plans), dental, vision, disability and life insurance
-10 paid sick days per year
-Unlimited vacation time policy (subject to internal approval). Average use 4 weeks off per year.
-Paid family leave after birth/adoption of caretakers and minimum of 16 paid weeks for birthing parents. Meant to supplement benefits offered by State.
COVID Vaccination Policy
Kiddom policy requires employees to be vaccinated before they visit an office or attend company events..
We have remote roles but in certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination.