Senior Manager, Compliance
Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our Insurance team, reporting to the VP of Financial Products. You will be the source of Insurance compliance expertise, and must have strong experience managing compliance functions across multiple points in the product life cycle. You will work closely with Actuarial, Insurance Product, Claims, Product and Engineering, Service Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a comprehensive, consistent, enterprise-wide compliance program to ensure Jetty adheres to regulatory requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead Jetty’s Insurance compliance program, bringing strong expertise across the Insurance product lifecycle
- Build and implement compliance controls across all operational areas, including product development, product filings, policy administration, loan origination, policy and loan servicing, claims, and recovery (including subrogation)
- Collaborate within the Insurance team to find creative ways to build new products and features while maintaining compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to ensure that products and external communications meet regulatory requirements
- Liaise with external financial and real estate partners to oversee due diligence and auditing needs
- Develop and organize regulation-based training and targeted role-based training covering the laws, regulations, and policy requirements related to our products
- Manage all required compliance reporting
- Manage compliance analyst(s)
Experience & Qualifications
- 7+ years of compliance and/or risk management experience
- Strong background across the full Insurance product lifecycle (Property & Casualty experience strongly preferred)
- Experience in a high growth, fintech environment is a plus
- Experience with Consumer Lending a plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate with stakeholders across the organization
- Must have demonstrated experience reviewing marketing and advertisement copy
- Experience working with Departments of Insurance and other regulatory bodies
- Experience working with claims function
- Experience managing analysts/teams of analysts
At Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.
Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and flexible sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space