Retail Ops Excellence Sr. Program Manager
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
As a Retail Ops Excellence Sr. Program Manager II for the Retail Ops Excellence team, you will play a pivotal role in driving operational success for our retail partner's stores and worldwide initiatives. You will work at the intersection of technology and in-store operations to deliver the future of retail. This will will require close collaboration with Instacart and Caper’s teams and our retail partners to understand, build, and deliver excellence in program development and execution. Your work will have tangible and critical impact as our in-stored programs rapidly scale across many sites.
Establishing vendor relationships will be a critical part of aspects of our program’s scaling strategy. In the Retail Ops Excellence Sr. Program Manager II role you will also be responsible for identifying, establishing, onboarding, and managing the performance of these vendor partners to deliver in-store programs at scale.
About the Team
Instacart is building the future of in-store retail technology and this role would be responsible for building the programs that support its success. Caper and builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug-and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy computing, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competition’s infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional team solves challenging problems in ways that our customers love.
About the Job
This role provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success and scalability of our retail programs and you will:
- Deliver execution of programs to successfully deploy Caper Carts and other in-store programs with excellence across a large number of sites.
- Partner with leaders and analytics partners to establish performance metrics that matter most to the success of our in-store programs. Use data to identify, size, prioritize, and champion opportunities to improve labor cost, customer experience, partner relationships, and more.
- Support the development of a roadmap and associate project plans to establish and improve programs. Do so with a scale-forward approach to ensure programs are robust and future-proofed.
- Identify, establish, onboard, and manage the performance of these vendor partners to deliver in-store programs at scale
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with cross-functional partners, including product, engineering, and design teams, to address operational challenges and drive the right investment outcomes.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience centrally building and executing customer-facing operations programs deployed many sites in retail stores (grocery, ecommerce, retail, or similar related experience preferred)
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders, from corporate leadership to store teams.
- Strong project management skills and ability to independently drive zero-defect execution.
- A strong track record of creatively solving and delivering against operational problems
- Experience collaborating with operational partners and/or vendors to deliver performance in programs.
- Ability to travel up to 75% to understand, develop, and ensure execution of Instacart and Caper’s in-store programs.
- Experience with logistics process and technology
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methodologies and experience in driving process improvements using these principles
- Prior experience to vendor management
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.