Data Solutions Lead
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic and skilled Data Solutions Lead to join our Retail Powered Media Team. The ideal candidate will combine a deep understanding of data operations with experience in the Ad tech industry and expertise in managing data sharing clean rooms, as well as executing campaigns on multiple programmatic/walled garden platforms. They will possess a solid data-driven foundation and excellent communication skills that facilitate seamless cross-functional interactions to meet project objectives. Comfort navigating ambiguity will also be key to success in this fast-paced environment
The candidate will closely work with our internal agency team which partners with renowned platforms such as LiveRamp, Snowflake, Meta, Roku, Microsoft/Xandr, Trade Desk, Meta, Google and others to drive initiatives that amplify our media impact.
You’ll help shape and launch offsite partnerships, by working with both external and internal partners such as the Partnerships team, Operations, Ad Sales, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, and Tech.
About the Team
This team plays a key role in data and measurement strategy and excels in delivering comprehensive data management and enrichment, advanced business process automation, strategic data solutions, specialized retailer powered media and data process automation, We enjoy finding innovative ways to solve problems, and are a highly collaborative team.
About the Job
- Manage critical data operations and solutions to facilitate business initiatives
- Oversee and design ETL processes, efficient data pipelines, and data warehousing needs
- Leverage SQL and Python programming proficiency to extract, transform, clean, and interpret large data volumes
- Work closely with our partners' platforms to coordinate, implement, and track campaigns
- Manage and enforce data governance, data quality standards, and data security practices
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan, execute, and track projects
- Utilize business acumen to interpret data, providing actionable insights that shape strategy and drive results
- Manage vendor relations to ensure effective collaborations and project outcomes
- Carry out data visualizations and reporting using tools like PowerBI or Tableau to communicate critical metrics across the organization
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in data-driven environments with exposure to the Ad tech industry
- Experience interfacing and coordinating with advertising platforms, as well as external agency partners
- Experience managing and collaborating on data sharing clean rooms such as Snowflake, Liveramp, or Habu
- Strong technical proficiency in handling, manipulating, and drawing insights from large datasets to size audience and extract other campaign performance metrics
- Technical proficiency in data manipulation, ETL tools, data pipelines, and cloud platforms such as Snowflake, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Proficient in SQL and programming languages like Python
- Proven project management, communication, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems like Jira and Git, as well as data visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience managing Snowflake Data Shares and Data Cleanrooms
- Preferred exposure/experience in executing campaigns on platforms like TradeDesk, Microsoft/Xandr, Roku, Meta, and Google
- Preferred exposure to programmatic media buying
- Prior experience/knowledge of Ads Metrics, their usage and application in Ad products to derive actionable insights, is a plus
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.