Lead, Product Analytics - New Bets
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking an experienced analytics leader to join our Data Science and Analytics team covering Instacart’s "New Bets" team. In this role, you will be pivotal in shaping the direction of some of the highest-priority initiatives at Instacart (e.g. Instacart Business, Connected Stores, and Health), developing frameworks and insights that drive strategy, prioritization and operational excellence. As a senior contributor, you will be responsible for developing recommendations based on a deep understanding of user behavior, product performance, and market trends across these initiatives. Your analytical expertise will be crucial in cutting through ambiguity to guide key decisions, and it will be essential that you work cross-functionally to drive projects from conception to execution.
About the Role
The Product Analytics Lead for the New Bets team will …
- Develop robust analyses around business performance, user behavior, and competitive environment to inform business decisions.
- Partner with and influence Instacart leadership (product, engineering, design, and c-suite) to develop high-level strategy, formulate business plans, and evaluate trade-offs.
- Work on business problems that involve uncertainty, bringing structure, data, and sound judgment to propose a path forward.
- Facilitate strategic planning in collaboration with cross-functional partners, sizing new opportunities, prioritizing initiatives, and implementing performance measurement processes.
- You have 8+ years of experience in strategy and operations, product analytics, or management consulting with a proven track record of leading successful analytics initiatives.
- You are a strategic thinker that can also dive deep into business problems and convey complex ideas to a wide range of audiences with clarity and structure.
- You think with data and are proficient with SQL and dashboarding/BI tools.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise.
- You have a proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects and improving business metrics in resource-constrained environments.
- Masters degrees in business and/or a quantitative discipline (e.g. economics, statistics) and background in marketplace/gig companies are a plus.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.