Warehouse Technician - Toronto, Canada (flex hours/contract role)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking to hire for a contract I.T Service Technician job in Mississauga, ON. You must have 2-4 years of experience in this role and have a basic knowledge of Android and/or WiFi configuration and setups. Experience in Desktop Support, Laptops, Servers, Printers, Hardware Support, and Android. POS experience is a plus but not required. The ideal candidate would have good English communication skills, be customer friendly, and adaptable. You will also provide valuable feedback on the state of hardware and software for our teams. Caper will provide you with all the tools and work-instructions needed to configure and prepare carts for deployments.
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug-and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competitions’ infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional and durable Product team solves hard customer & business problems in ways that our customers love.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Provide maintenance, monitoring, and testing of smart carts for multiple, geographically dispersed sites as backup support to cart configuration and setup.
- Liaise with internal Team members to optimize hardware, software, repairs, replacement, or modification of systems or services as may be required.
- Provide or assist in the technical support for existing and newly setup carts.
- Performing equipment installation, configuration, testing, and addressing technical troubleshooting for end users.
- Provide or assist on a best effort basis the technical support for non-standard peripheral devices and software.
- Performing equipment installation, configuration, and testing
- Addressing technical troubleshooting
- Enjoy learning about and working directly with software and hardware of new technology.
- Highly organized with strong verbal and written communication skills to support customer and team interactions, as well as documentation.
- Customer-focused orientation that aims to over-deliver on expectations.
- Willing to work independently with limited supervision.
- A logical thinker who can connect the dots when a complex challenge arises.
- Collaborative attitude who enjoys working with a team to solve problems.
- Requires knowledge of: WiFi setups & configurations and wiring of routers
- Experience working with communication tools such as slack, google sheets & email.
- Investigate and resolve intermittent problems -provide troubleshooting and assist software support team.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow established procedures.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment and lift up to 35 kilograms.
- Must be meticulous and diligent with tracking materials with serial numbers.
- Ability to think out of the box and roll up their sleeves when needed.
Nice to Have:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or information technologies.
- Access to a vehicle and willingness to travel to sites in US & Canada to perform cart setup and installations.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- This is a Part-Time contract position.
- Hours are typically Monday to Friday, varying between 8:00am – 6:00pm