Director, Advertiser Success
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the thousands of households we serve daily to the leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform. We are seeking a Director of Advertiser Success to help us uplevel and scale our client services for advertisers on the largest grocery ecommerce platform in North America. This person will define the vision of our account management and operations teams by solving for the thousands of advertisers on our platform. They will help our advertisers measure results, optimize, and grow their performance on our ad tools through teams of client-facing account managers. Additionally, they would shape the development of an internally-oriented operations team charged with scaling our client services through automated or outsourced measurement and reporting capabilities. They will do this by having empathy for our advertisers’ goals, balancing their needs with Instacart’s aspirations, and setting a vision for client services. The approaches may include process development, account coverage strategy, building a Challenger mindset on the team, and partnering with technical teams on automation or offshoring of processes. This person will enjoy the challenge of working in a multi-sided marketplace and seek to understand the second-order effects of how actions taken by each side shapes the others.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Grow advertiser satisfaction with our ad tools through a team of account managers and operations specialists by setting strategy and growing the team
- Partner with sales to deliver our advertising revenue goals by coaching and developing a team of account managers
- Help advertisers measure the performance of their investment by scaling end-of-campaign and ad hoc measurement tools.
- Instill Challenger selling approaches and techniques within the account management team either through direct experience or external partnerships
- Maintain high advertiser retention by identifying root causes for attrition, developing new sales motions, testing, learning, and scaling
- Deliver account support against the right advertisers by building coverage plans
- Identify, hire, and coach managers that can lead a team of advertising account managers
- Identify opportunities for deeper partnership with advertisers across the Instacart ecosystem by partnering with peer groups in Catalog, Retail, Product Marketing, and Media Analytics
- Scale advertiser success as Instacart’s grows internationally. Set the vision and go to market for advertiser success globally.
- Scale Instacart’s advertiser support model through automation and process design. Measure the impact of such changes and chart the course for further investment
- Required: over ten years experience in account management and operations for an adtech, publisher, or media company. Preferred experience from eCommerce, digital advertising, or multi-sided marketplaces. At least 5 years managing multi-level teams (manager of managers)
- Experience working in teams tasked with providing digital advertising tools to customers
- Experience scaling account operations through process design, automation (in partnership with analyst community), and outsourcing as appropriate
- Experience managing a revenue driving account management team
- Has led large, multi-geography teams of dozens
- Has hired and managed teams of managers
- Experience growing advertising operations across new geographies a plus
- Comfortable with data, understanding ROI, and pivoting strategies
- Strong sense of business judgment and decision making with partial data
- Can present to and influence senior internal stakeholders up to and including President / C-suite of Instacart
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?