Senior Associate, Business Operations
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Strategy & BizOps team moves quickly to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact an innovative, industry-leading company, with high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
As a Strategy & BizOps team member, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and-outs of a cutting-edge tech startup.
You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team
- Design sustainable solutions, while persuading and aligning various stakeholders, turning your strategic recommendations into reality
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L across multiple dimensions to understand critical revenue drivers and develop insights
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart's Marketing, Product, Data Science, and Finance teams
- Work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional influence, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact.
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions.
- Proficiency in SQL required; experience with BI tools, and/or Python/R strongly preferred.
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Ability to identify and develop business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and seamlessly executing projects from proposal to implementation.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?