Brand Ambassador- Smart Carts in Stores (flex hours/contract role)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart recently acquired Caper AI to help retailers unify the in-store and online shopping experience for customers no matter how they choose to shop. Caper’s cutting-edge, AI-powered shopping carts and automated checkout counters bring together online and offline shopping to create a completely new in-store experience for customers.
In addition to acquiring Caper AI’s technology, we’re delighted to welcome the Caper team to the Instacart family. The global Caper team is based primarily in New York City and Shanghai, China, and will bring new hardware expertise to Instacart’s already deep product and technology team. Together, we’re excited to create new ways for retailers to solve for the ever-changing needs of their businesses and customers.
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of other cashierless competitor’s infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Do you enjoy promoting products? Are you comfortable talking to strangers? Do you like technology? Are you looking for a role that provides flexible hours? If so, join us as our Brand Ambassador!
Did you know the average person will spend 5 years of their lifetime waiting in lines? At Caper, we believe that time is a valuable thing. So why waste it waiting in lines? Our new Smart Cart, powered by artificial intelligence, allows users to simply shop, pay on the cart and go. No more waiting in lines! We want to revolutionize the way people shop and change that statistic forever. It’s an exciting time for our company as we grow throughout stores in New York and beyond. And we’re looking for someone like YOU to ensure our customers have a great time while utilizing our technology.
About the Role
As the Brand Ambassador, you will be the face of the Caper Cart and be the first impression for our brand and the stores we represent.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Engaging with customers as they enter the store; demonstrate how the Caper products works
- Assisting customers throughout their experience to ensure their journey is smooth and seamless from start to finish
- Acting as the go-to resource for all customer needs by ameliorating customer issues as they arise
- Gathering feedback from customers on their experience
- Friendly, personable, able to build lasting relationships with customers and store staff
- Willing to go out of your way to help the customer, to provide exceptional customer service in order to drive usage and ensure the customer is as satisfied as possible so they want to use the Cart again and again
- Able to think on your feet and problem solve on the spot as issues arise
- Ambitious, sales-driven, and willing to grow at a small technology start-up
- Interested in technology and how technology shapes the retail landscape
- Any previous working experience as an on-site promoter, or in retail and/or customer service
- Customer-oriented approach
- Demonstrated experienced driving exceptional customer service
- This role provides flexible hours and scheduling
Compensation: $20 / hour + bonus for meeting targets!
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?