Inflammatix, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Scientist II to help us develop a molecular in-vitro diagnostic (IVD). This role is laboratory-based and requires exceptional attention to detail for the meticulous execution and analysis of complex quantitative molecular experiments. Primary focus will be development of RNA extraction methods for use with gene expression studies using state of the art digital technologies. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in early stage development of a growing biotech company.
- Plan, execute, analyze, and document mission-critical projects independently
- Contribute to scientific strategy on product development
- Prioritize between competing project deliverables and deliver accurate results with multiple options considered before arriving at an outcome
- Support the development of quality management within the lab
- Effectively and clearly communicates up on projects and anticipates questions
- Communicates assumptions and gets clarification on tasks up front to minimize the need for rework
- Execute experiments under quality management system
- Contribute to interdisciplinary teams and projects crossing multiple departments
- Anticipate change, recognize where problems may occur, and understand resources available to overcome unforeseen issues
- MS degree with 5+ years industry experience or a PhD degree in Molecular Biology or a related field(s) with 1-3 years industry experience
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- In-depth knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, NGS and library prep, nucleic acid isolation and manipulation
- Experience working with clinical samples is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills and proven ability to manage details
- Ability to deliver on projects and assignments within timeframes
- Share our passion for reproducibility, quality control, and version control
- Desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced startup environment, capable of prioritizing and executing on multiple projects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior work with microfluidic systems is a plus
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
COMPENSATION AND CLASSIFICATION:
- Classification: Full-time, exempt
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision; 401(k), generous leave and more
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- The base salary range for this position is $79,885 - $91,867 per year which represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this exempt position
- Please note that actual offer will vary based on factors including, but not limited to the candidate’s geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors including internal equity. As such, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the lower or upper end of the range. Please also note the compensation range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
- U.S. employees are offered medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as access to HSA, FSA, commuter, LTD, STD and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in our company 401k plan and employer match. Employees accrue up to 15 paid vacation days, 7 paid sick days and 10 paid holidays per calendar year. Inflammatix U.S. offices are closed for winter break each year between Christmas and New Years Day and the company offers this time as additional paid time off for U.S. salaried/exempt employees.
Inflammatix requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any legally protected exemptions). For travel, Inflammatix requires compliance with all applicable local and national health and safety guidelines.
Inflammatix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and breastfeeding, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Notice to Agencies: Our internal Talent Acquisition Team manages all career opportunities. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by the Legal and Talent Acquisition teams at Inflammatix before submitting candidates (for any current or future positions) to any employee of Inflammatix. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or profiles from agencies or independent recruiters under any circumstances. Inflammatix will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume or profile. Please do not contact Inflammatix employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to engage or work with you or your agency and/or representatives in the future.
Something looks off?