Technical Writer Intern
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
Are you excited about learning new technologies? Do you like to experiment and figure out how things work? Do you enjoy creating content and making complex information clear, accessible, and easily understandable? If yes, then this might be the internship for you. Imply is seeking highly motivated candidates to join us in shaping the future of our content design and delivery.
- Collaborate with technical writers and subject matter experts to improve Druid and Imply documentation
- Learn how to work in an agile docs-as-code environment and use a variety of software tools
- Contribute to technical documentation processes and practices
- Learn how to use Apache Druid and the Imply product range
- You're currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master's program in Computer Science, Technical Communication, English, or a related field
- You're passionate about learning new technologies and solving challenging problems
- You have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- You're familiar with developer tools and workflows: Terminal, CLI, git, some code reading skills
- You have experience with open source software
- You've created content in various forms such as articles, blogs, and videos (we'd love to see samples)
- You're interested in data analytics and data visualization
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $25/hour - $30/hour
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.