At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer who is passionate about building scalable web services and cloud infrastructure for a database used at thousands of companies around the world. You would be working with a group of multi-talented engineers on our Platform Software Engineering team. This team is implementing reliable distributed systems that manage petabyte-scale data. Must be comfortable working in a high performance remote-first environment.
- Develop services to reliably deploy, manage, and scale large clusters of a distributed real-time analytics database (Apache Druid)
- Design and develop resilient, fault-tolerant, highly available systems that operate across multiple geographical regions in a multi-cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Maintain infrastructure-as-code for deploying resources on Kubernetes across multiple clouds.
- Participate in design and code reviews. Work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team to build end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrate full lifecycle ownership of the products and features built, including writing documentation, manual and automated testing, and participating in on-call rotations
- First and foremost - the desire and self-drive to succeed at a fast-paced, demanding startup
- 3+ years of industry experience spanning software development, architecture, cloud technology, networking, and modern application design
- Experience building large-scale SaaS services (Java required)
- Production experience working with AWS and Kubernetes and using infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to explain complex technical concepts at the appropriate levels for customers, non-technical stakeholders, and other engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Deep knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with other public clouds such as Azure and GCP
- A history of contributions to open source projects, your own or others.
- A github with a portfolio of your work and side projects
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $80,000 - $170,200
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.