At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
We're hiring a Solutions Architect to engage with Imply customers, guiding them through the architecture, development, and operations of the Imply product and the open-source Druid data store. We're a small team with a quickly growing customer base, meaning you'll have a chance to have a big impact and wear multiple hats. Ideally, you have worked in a customer-facing role, intrigued by cutting-edge technical challenges and helped refine some of the largest and fastest big data architectures in the world.
We are a collaborative and supportive team. We measure our individual success by how well our team collectively succeeds and by how well we push each other to grow professionally. We believe teams should have significant say in what they build and how, and therefore should be responsible for the eventual success of what they’re building for customers as well as our Imply team members who will sell, support, etc.
You’ll have direct engagement with a broad set of teams and up to our C-suite, as well as ownership over how what you build drives value to our customers as well as to our broader product and organization. This is a direct customer engagement role and will require some travel.
- You are the key player in the implementation and growth of our customer base
- You will be helping drive our implementations, and you'll do what it takes to help make them successful
- You will lead on-site and online services engagements
- You will be an expert in Druid and a technical evangelist for Imply
- You will play a key role in helping the company find and implement new and additional use cases
- You serve as a liaison to our engineering and product teams on customer requests and user experience
- You will act as another layer of support for our customers by triaging and helping support our customers, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science or related field
- A team player mentality - we will succeed only as a strong team
- Be defined by your “Helper Gene”, Do you thrive in helping others achieve success?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in defining and executing enterprise implementation plans, You are comfortable leading complex technical conversations with the world's largest brands
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting fundamentals
- Experience in analyzing system, network, and application log files and system performance metrics to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Strong background in databases, warehouses, cubes modeling]
- Understanding of how to tell a story with data through BI and Dashboarding
- Knowledge and experience with big data architecture on-premise and in cloud
- Experience with Druid or related big data systems like Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Pinot, Cassandra, Snowflake, etc
- Knowledge of BI and Analytics tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, Qlikview, SuperSet, etc
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka and Kinesis
- JVM operations experience: you eat garbage collection tuning configs for breakfast
- You know your way around a Linux system and are comfortable with built-in tools like top, iostat, lsof, and netstat
What we offer:
- Pension Insurance
- Reimbursement for Company Mandated Travel
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Mental Health Support
- Sick Leave
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.