Enterprise Account Executive
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
The Enterprise Account Executive role is a territorial sales position selling the Imply solution to companies across the West region. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, process driven (MEDDICC), and will employ an evangelical and strategic approach to all sales engagements. They will demonstrate a consistent track record of success in achieving new customer objectives and revenue targets.
In addition, they will be comfortable selling a solution and technologies from within a technology startup environment to CxO, VP, and Director level contacts within the IT organization. Solutions will be tailored to a customer’s business needs and integrate Imply solutions in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
Responsibilities include running your territory as a franchise CEO; pipeline generation; champion building; leading presentations, and providing rapid response to outstanding technical questions. In partnership with a Sales Engineer (pre-sales), they will ensure optimal customer support and service throughout the sales process.
- Create a territory plan and execute to generate revenue and acquire new customers
- Work with existing customers to expand opportunities within the account and identify new ones.
- Forge strategic relationships at the executive level to help sell across the organization
- Conduct presentations and product demonstrations in partnership with Sales Engineers
- Consult with prospects to determine the best solutions for their specific needs; recommend solutions, prepare/present proposals, and get contracts executed
- Demonstrate an understanding of client requirements regarding infrastructure and data, and how the Imply solution can meet these requirements
- Be able to recognize compelling reasons for customers and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to communicate how to persuasively articulate how the Imply solution can best meet these requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of enterprise client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress opportunities from identification to final close
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets set by the company
- Log sales activity (prospecting, opportunities, revenue, next steps) in Salesforce and other tools, as needed
- Attend sales seminars, sales meetings, and/or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the marketplace
- Keep current with all Imply product information, pricing, and contract terms
- Be able to travel as required, to meet prospects and customers face-to-face; approximately 25% travel expected, as permitted
- 2+ years of direct quota carrying sales experience, selling enterprise solutions, specifically analytics, database, or similar technology
- History of overachieving quota, acquiring new logos, and identifying new business opportunities within accounts
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Experience successfully leading sales cycles with emerging technologies in a variety of sales situations, including product evaluations and demonstrations
- Demonstrated experience in developing business relationships with all levels of enterprise organizations; a true “hunter” mentality who strives for the close
- Demonstrated experience of being able to conduct online sales presentations, and product demonstrations
- Solution selling experience with SaaS, managed solutions, or cloud infrastructure solutions a strong plus
- Strong business outcome thinking with technical aptitude and a collaborative mindset
- A Bachelor's degree
- Experience in hyper growth organizations
- Experience selling into large enterprise businesses
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $90,000 - $225,000
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.