At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
Developer Relations creates champions and forges relationships.
We enable users to apply functionality and technique, producing all manner of explanatory and exploratory materials to educate and inform. A partner on their journey to success, we are visible virtually and in person to increase awareness and ease every aspect of adoption, meeting people where they are and engaging with them with integrity, enthusiasm, and respect.
Through relationships with product owners, marketers, software engineers, technical writers, and sales teams, we don’t just have the opportunity to influence and inform broadly, we are always learning and evolving to do things better to the benefit of developers.
Every day is an opportunity to create strong, long-lasting relationships with people, whether working at a start-up in Australia or in an established engineering team at companies that use technology in revolutionary ways at awe-inspiring scales.
This is an excellent opportunity for early career technical support engineers, sales engineers, and product managers to gain experience in a vibrant team that is passionate about the developer community.
- Seeking out the needs of others, articulating and sharing them, creating coalitions, and driving them toward action
- Tutoring developers online and in person, listening to the problems and questions that people have, researching and delivering answers, and putting them in contact with others
- Creating environments, guides, plans, and collateral that enables developers to be successful, and to go on to be effective champions
- Generating content that educates and enables, and that goes on to demonstrate real value to developers, influencing the content backlog with a true understanding of people’s needs
- Being the voice and face of Imply in the presence of people who are developing or operating solutions powered by Druid, or interested in its technical design. Including writing blog posts, speaking at conferences and meetups, creating demonstrations, facilitating Q&A sessions, etc.
- Maintaining a reliable view of the people and organizations in the community, extracting insights that drives change and activity to enhance the developer experience
- Creating, refining, and owning processes and metrics that drive the team forward
- Contribution to Apache Druid-related repositories
- Keeping an eye on the industry at large, bringing fresh ideas that catalyze innovation
- Being a champion of the Apache Way
- Use of Apache Druid dependencies, particularly Linux, the JRE, and so on
- Understanding and use of technologies adjunct to Apache Druid, particularly Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, and Apache Superset
- Working experience creating content in various media, such as Python notebooks, Markdown documentation, diagrams, slideware, and SQL code samples. All done in a way that makes complex information easy to consume and that inspires and aids developers
- Thorough understanding of SQL and its execution on distributed database systems
- Involvement in application support and problem management, investigating and resolving issues effectively, ensuring action is taken to get answers and to find solutions
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn is a key requirement for this role
- 2-5+ years in technology, emphasis on enterprise infrastructure, datastores, and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 50% travel required, some international
- Experience in two or more of the following: data modeling, data visualization, database design, and relationship management
- Solution architecture, contributing to the understanding and development of data pipelines such as Clickstream, IOT, and APM, with an ability to articulate trade-offs in functionality, cost, performance, scalability
- Knowledge of Python, Java, Docker, Kubernetes
- Spanish, French, and German
What we offer:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.