Senior Technical Support Engineer
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
At Imply we see Customer Success as a key growth function of the business. The Customer Success team is diverse, highly skilled and fast growing. In the Technical Support Engineering team, Support Engineers are located around the world, supporting our customers as we follow the sun! We are looking for experienced Technical Support Engineers who are dynamic, technology savvy and customer-centric. If you are a natural problem solver and a strong communicator with diverse technical skills, you are the right fit for this role!
You're a great fit if you enjoy the thrill of resolving a diverse range of real-time problems, love to learn, and are highly motivated to deliver exceptional results to our customers while serving with some of the best support engineers around in a fun and fulfilling environment. You will get to leverage both your technical and interpersonal skills as you partner with Engineering, Technical Success Management, Product Management and Professional Services teams. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves, grow your technical skills, and help solve technical challenges in a supportive environment, we want to hear from you!
- Deep troubleshooting and resolving customer issues on Imply Druid platform with the best quality and within Service Level Agreements
- Responsible for attending to operational issues on Imply Cloud hosted on AWS infrastructure, and self hosted clusters on major Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving a wide range of customer issues on the Imply Druid platform that includes Pivot (Imply’s data visualization tool, designed specifically to utilize the speed of Druid), Clarity (Imply’s monitoring tool), backend DB (Mysql, postgres, Aurora etc), deep storage (HDFS, S3, Azure blob, etc) and ZooKeeper services ranging from simple configuration changes and ingestion issues to helping customers in deploying Imply clusters with hundreds of nodes
- Writing technical content in the form of knowledge-based articles and blog posts dedicated to operational efficiency and thereby empowering and enabling customers
- Ensure issues and time spent are tracked and documented appropriately in the Zendesk ticketing system
- Assess the level of business impact of issues/product defects/feature requests reported by customers and create detailed reports in Jira to share with the Engineering team
- Describe ongoing problems, bugs and flag discrepancies in expected behavior when Engineering assistance is needed
- Work closely with the members of Engineering, Technical Success management, and Professional Services teams to help drive customer issues to resolution
- The regular work hours for this position are EST hours. The position includes participation in an on-call rotation to cover after-hours and weekend/holiday escalations
- 8+ years of experience in technical support or customer facing roles
- You have extensive working knowledge of Linux platforms and system administration
- You have strong troubleshooting skills and technical knowledge to logically approach problems
- You have a good understanding and working knowledge of big data platform ecosystems and distributed systems
- You have a good understanding and working knowledge of relational database management and proficiency in SQL
- You possess excellent writing and communication skills with an attention to detail
- You are a team player and always ready to help
- Working experience on major Cloud infrastructure platforms AWS, Microsoft Azure & GCP
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience in supporting streaming applications such as Kafka and Kinesis & ETL applications
- Experience in supporting big data ecosystems on Cloud infrastructure or cloud SaaS applications
- Experience in data modeling & visualization
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $170,000 - $350,000
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.