Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
Imply is hiring a senior SDET Engineer to expand testing efforts with the Imply Druid application. We expect this person to help with taking our Druid automated tests and porting them to a development repo, assist in new back end test development and analysis, and filing bugs. In addition, we would like this person to take overset up and maintenance of QA GHA infrastructure
- work with development team to beef up the dev test framework add new functional tests to the dev test framework
- Attending feature design sessions, understanding and prioritizing testing efforts
- Writing test plans, for complex back end features
- Accurate and concise bug reports
- Strong understanding of analytics database and distributed system
- Strong understanding of SQL internals, such as query plans, different join types
- Strong experience on REST API and backend testing
- Strong experience on Python, Unittest framework, Java, JUnit
- Experience on designing datasets
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, such as AWS
- Knowledge of streaming technology such as Kafka
- Capable of working independently and deliver with minimal supervision
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience on test automation and GitHub Actions pipeline setup
What we offer:
- Provident Fund - Employer will contribute Equivalent to your contribution to the Provident Fund
- Private Medical Insurance
- National Pension System
- Paid Time Off
- Phone/Internet Allowance
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.