Senior Software Engineer
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
The Data Engineering team at Imply is responsible for ensuring Polaris is the most reliable and cost efficient way for users to run Apache Druid. You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to build resilient, highly available systems that are used to process large volumes of data
- Are a quick learner and like to use the right technology for the problem
- Look for ways to continuously improve the ease of operations of the systems you own
- Are excited to do impactful work with a small team of multi-talented engineers, while having fun in the process
- Like to work in a remote first environment
Some projects we’ve worked on that will get you excited:
- Reducing cost by more closely integrating Apache Druid and Kubernetes
- Providing insights into the health of Druid clusters
- Improving the resilience of Druid by setting up monitoring, alerting and automated remediation
- Build capabilities in Apache Druid to make it easier to operate at scale on Kubernetes
- Reduce the cost of operations of running Druid in the cloud by leveraging existing features or building new capabilities into Apache Druid
- Build systems that detect issues on running Druid clusters and automation to resolve these issues without needing human intervention
- Build services that provide cluster operators with the observability and alerting capabilities needed to manage their database
- 3+ years experience working on backend systems with high level languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience building mission critical distributed backend applications where reliability and availability are critical
- Strong communication skills: ability to explain complex technical concepts to different stakeholders like designers, support staff, and other engineers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience developing high concurrency, performance-oriented Java systems
- Past experience using Kubernetes
- Past experience working with Druid or other big data analytics systems like Hadoop, Presto, Spark, etc.
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $90,000 - $225,000
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.