Sales Development Manager
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
The Manager of Sales Development is responsible for driving the day to day results of the Sales Development team. Sales Development Representatives are the foundation for talent at Imply, and this role will play a crucial part in the training and career growth of sales professionals early in their career. The Manager is encouraged to bring their personality to work and help to aid and influence the culture of Imply on the team members. You will have a significant impact on day-to-day strategy and tactics, broadening and coaching the SDRs to success; additionally, you will have the opportunity to grow your career as a leader. This role reports to the Director of Sales Development.
- Recruit, hire, train, and ramp a team of sales development representatives and coach them in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills
- Generate top of funnel demand and achieve quarterly and annual quota/revenue targets by identifying lead sources, constructing lists, et al while driving a high accountability, high performance culture
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Sales Operations, Marketing, Customer Success and Account Executives
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes, metrics, reporting and tools to maximize efficiencies and success on the Sales Development team
- Encourage innovation on your team, especially in finding new customer profiles that Imply is currently under-serving
- Proven track record of at least 2+ years in sales development, with a consistent history of exceeding pipeline targets with high quality leads
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and be entrepreneurial in reaching out to prospects to setup initial and follow up meetings
- Self-starter who is very proactive and works collaboratively with others
- Extremely diligent, detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication, presentation, demoing and interpersonal skills
- Closing experience at a hi-tech SaaS company
- GTM Experience in big data, DBaaS, or real-time analytics companies
What we offer:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.