Senior DevOps Engineer
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who is passionate about infrastructure as code, automation, observability, and generating efficiency for developers. You will join a team of multi-talented engineers to build and maintain environments that support Imply products and employees. You will be part of investing in our deployment pipelines and improving developer efficiency. Having an inclusive and collaborative philosophy is paramount to success within our group.
- Proactively interact with other Engineers, supporting their experience building and deploying software
- Architect and write tools to automate manual tasks, speeding up time to release
- Maintain open source deployment pipeline related software and tool components
- Observability end to end, from system health to deployment traceability
- AWS and Azure SaaS Infrastructure support, automating using infrastructure as code wherever possible
- Mentorship and training of more junior members, sharing knowledge and best practices
- 5+ Years in a DevOps or SRE based role.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure as code, build and deploy pipelines, containers and linux based operating systems
- Passion for automation and reducing developer toil
- Strong empathy for developers and patience to help them solve their problems
- Excellent communication, verbally and in writing, internally and externally
- An eye for observability, and passion to improve visibility into systems for data driven decision making
- Core values including integrity, honesty, a willingness to help and reach out to others in need
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- 4+ years of experience in developer relations, software development, or a role where you showcased your innate ability to earn trust and credibility with technical teams
- Multi-cloud experience, especially Azure and GCP
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, and Big Data systems is a plus
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $90,000 - $225,000
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.