At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, as Corporate Controller your responsibilities will include all aspects of accounting (book, tax, etc.), cash management, international subsidiary formation and management from an accounting perspective, payroll processing, planning, compliance and audit, and taking our accounting operations and systems to the next level. You will manage our great accounting team as well as work closely with the FP&A, Analytics, Legal, and People teams.
- Manage A/P, A/R, payroll, cash reconciliation, general ledger, and account reconciliations
- Oversee month-end and annual close process, continuously improve efficiency, and shorten the month-end close cycle
- Align our chart of accounts with our financial model as it continues to evolve
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, ensure GAAP compliance, and maintain accuracy
- Ensure that our cash position is at or above forecast
- With the CFO, manage the treasury function and investment policy
- Ensure that we have clean and timely annual financial audits
- Oversee all key accounting operations and compliance functions, including but not limited to payroll, treasury, and tax returns
- Ensure that financial closes and our annual financial audit are completed on or ahead of deadline; reduce the time to close the books
- Manage our cap table (in Carta)
- Prepare month-end closing journal entries, financial statements, and supporting schedules
- Assist with financial planning and board reporting as needed
- Support annual internal and external financial and international statutory audits
- Ensure that our subsidiaries are in compliance and that all related book and tax filings are completed on time and accurately
- Motivate, manage, and mentor our accounting team; work well with people not only in the group but across the company; hire additional staff as needed
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and tax requirements and regulations
- Proven ability to deliver timely and accurate financial closes and audits
- Experience rolling and managing foreign subsidiaries from an accounting perspective (Canada, UK, India, etc.)
- Scaling growing SaaS and consumption-based revenue model companies through to a successful exit
- Supported successful capital raising and M&A diligence; IPO experience a plus
- Solid background in operating budgets and internal controls
- Proven ability to motivate, retain, and grow a successful, high-functioning accounting team
- Demonstrated ability of good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Personable; able to collaborate comfortably with individuals at all levels within the company
- Expert in financial controls, processes, and systems; demonstrated ability to take accounting operations to the next level
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance and other regulatory matters
- Ability to partner closely with FP&A and other functions to support planning and data needs and analysis; can identify areas of financial and operational opportunities and work with leaders to drive improvement
- Experience with Carta, Sage Intacct, Airbase, and Avalara
- Banking with SVB, JPMC, and HSBC
- Audit experience at a Big 4 firm a plus
- M&A experience a must (selling and acquiring companies), IPO experience
- Database / data warehouse company experience
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $270,000 - $400,000
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply ApplicantsDue to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.