At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
You will collaborate closely with potential clients to understand their business objectives and illustrate how Imply can enhance their analytics applications. You will help customers realise value with Imply by offering suggestions on architecture, processes and best practices.
Your role will also involve devising strategies in conjunction with the regional sales team to secure new customers, nurturing existing partnerships, and deliver compelling value-based proofs of concept. Lastly, as a technical liaison, you will also play a pivotal role in shaping Imply’s product roadmap, aligning it with the specific needs and demands of our customers, especially in India and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Collaborate closely with the regional sales team and channel partners to gain insights into our customers' data analytics requirements. Develop strategies to address these needs and provide support throughout the sales lifecycle
- Identify situations where enhanced data modelling is necessary and propose alternatives that enable Imply to achieve the required or optimal application / query performance
- Work in tandem with cross-functional teams, including sales, product, engineering, marketing, and customer support, to facilitate customer acquisition and ensure successful product adoption
- Serve as a prominent representative of our company, specialising in data modelling and real-time analytics, when engaging with consulting organisations, industry trade press, trade organisations, industry influencers, and while delivering high-profile presentations at various industry and company events
- Offer guidance on how to enhance our product by addressing gaps or limitations
- You have a passion for and love of big data, data schemas, and high-speed analytics
- With 5+ years of experience in big data and/or streaming technology, including 3+ years in customer-facing and hands-on roles
- Possess deep technical expertise in distributed database and data warehouse methodologies, data modelling, and ETL tools and principles
- Experience in data modelling and SQL, and query / database optimization
- Expertise in the big data stack, including Kafka / Kinesis, Spark, Flink, Presto/Trino, Hive etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Python or Bash
- High level understanding of Java & the JVM
- Hands-on experience with Linux or any free/commercial Unix OSes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information and technical value to both technical and non-technical users
- Working knowledge of the Druid open-source database or other real-time analytics products/databases
- Proficiency in public cloud environments, particularly with their data and analytics services – AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Helm
- Demonstrable success stories related to client management, objection handling, and persuasion skills
- A solid grasp of sales processes such as MEDDIC
What we offer:
- Provident Fund - Employer will contribute Equivalent to your contribution to the Provident Fund
- Private Medical Insurance
- National Pension System
- Paid Time Off
- Phone/Internet Allowance
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.