Senior Technical Success Manager
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
At Imply we see Customer Success as the key growth function of our business, with Technical Success Managers helping drive a business/technical perspective as well as a more holistic relationship with our customers. We don’t see Customer Success merely as a retention function but as a key to exceeding ambitious Net Revenue Retention targets by driving adoption and expansion across our customers’ organizations.
Our TSMs are a mashup between a Solution Engineer and Account Executive–with the focus on strategically and obsessively driving value for our customers.
On a day to day basis, you will own a portfolio of strategic accounts and provide ad hoc assistance to smaller accounts. These accounts will be across multiple verticals and located within EMEA. You will own the customer relationship from a technical perspective, from onboarding through to continued adoption and usage. From initial activation, you will help our customers translate complex business needs into data driven solution designs on top of the Imply Platform. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders at your accounts to map and realize the value they want to derive from our platform, driving wider institutional adoption of Imply as you go. You will serve as the internal voice of your customers and become a go-to technical resource internally and externally.
- Actively serving as a technical advisor to a portfolio of assigned accounts including major consumer, prosumer and B2B brands
- Working on new customer onboarding to map their business needs and design solutions tailored to their use cases and needs
- Collaborate with customers in a highly strategic manner to develop their go-live success roadmap for the first 12 months of Imply adoption and beyond
- Develop collaboratively with our Sales Engineers, Support Engineers and Solution Architects the technical artifacts that support organizational success of usage of Imply
- Proactively identifying opportunities for growth and expansion within your accounts, ensuring where this requires wider implementation of our product that this is technically and commercially sound
- Develop domain expertise in our key verticals through deep customer collaboration, general research and attending industry events/conferences
- Identify product feedback from customers, spotting trends and surfacing to help shape product roadmap
- You’re not a newbie to customer success. Minimum 3 years experience as a Technical Customer Success Manager, Solutions Engineer, or Technical Account Manager
- Data is your thing. A solid understanding of the data space - cloud infrastructure, database technologies, data modeling, visualization tools and other enabling technologies
- You understand people. Deeply emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adapt your delivery style and content quickly
- Confidence is key. Previous experience with a complex software product, ideally designing solutions and gathering requirements, you are comfortable communicating with technical and business subject matter experts
- Business challenge? Let me help. A passion for working at the intersection of technology and business problems - this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data
- You can see the needle in the haystack. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be pivotal in spotting new opportunities where Imply could add even more value for them
- Experience and acumen in multiple areas of modern technology and modern data architectures. This includes SQL expertise, knowledge of cloud data warehouses, cloud provider services (AWS, Google, Azure), ETL/ELT tools, data modeling/engineering, general networking knowledge and cloud SaaS applications (Zendesk, Salesforce, Marketo, etc.)
What we offer:
- Provident Fund - Employer will contribute Equivalent to your contribution to the Provident Fund
- Private Medical Insurance
- National Pension System
- Paid Time Off
- Phone/Internet Allowance
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.