Senior Technical Success Manager
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
At Imply we see Customer Success as the key growth function of our business, with Technical Success Managers helping drive a business/technical perspective as well as a more holistic relationship with our customers.
Our Technical Success Manager will work to understand our customers’ business and how they use Imply, driving success by improving value and efficiency on both sides.
On a day to day basis, you will own a portfolio of strategic accounts and provide ad hoc assistance to smaller accounts. These accounts will be across multiple verticals and located across the US. From initial activation, you will help our customers translate complex business needs into data driven solution designs on top of the Imply Platform. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders at your accounts to map and realize the value they want to derive from our platform.
- Actively serve as a technical advisor to a portfolio of assigned accounts including major consumer, prosumer and B2B brands
- Work with Imply technical onboarding team to understand the business needs and how Imply will solve their specific use cases and needs
- Collaborate with customers in a highly strategic manner to develop and measure key success criteria for the first 12 months of Imply adoption and beyond
- Collaborate with our Sales Engineers, Support Engineers and Solution Architects by accurately describing ongoing technical challenges
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth and expansion within your accounts, ensuring where this requires wider implementation of our product that this is technically and commercially sound
- Develop domain expertise in our key verticals through deep customer collaboration, general research and attending industry events/conferences
- Identify product feedback from customers, spotting trends and surfacing to help shape product roadmap
- You’re not a newbie to customer success. Minimum 3 years experience as a Technical Customer Success Manager, Solutions Engineer, or Technical Account Manager
- You understand people. Deeply emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adapt your delivery style and content quickly. You innately understand how to communicate with the different personas involved in a complex project
- Data is your thing. A solid understanding of the data space - cloud infrastructure, database technologies, data modeling, visualization tools and other enabling technologies
- You’re confident and collaborative. You have previous experience with a complex software product and are comfortable communicating with technical and business subject matter experts
- You are motivated by a business challenge. You are passionate about working at the intersection of technology and business problems - this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data
- You can see the needle in the haystack. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be pivotal in spotting new opportunities where Imply could add even more value for them
- Experience and acumen in multiple areas of modern technology and modern data architectures. This includes SQL expertise, knowledge of cloud data warehouses, cloud provider services (AWS, Google, Azure), ETL/ELT tools
- Previous experience as a data engineer or data architect
- Knowledge of data science/machine learning, api consumption, scripting (python preferred) and streaming data technologies (Kafka, Confluent, Kinesis)
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage Option
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Individual compensation will be determined based on the candidate's experience and qualifications aligned with Imply’s internal levelings guidelines and benchmarks. The below range encompasses roles with on target earnings. This role is also eligible to participate in Imply’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Compensation: $123,300 - $300,000
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.