Sales Development Representative
At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Sales Development Representative to come aboard! Our SDRs generate leads and build customer pipelines. This is an early in career role with a dedicated growth path and the training to be a great technical sales professional. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology and people.
- Research heavily into accounts to maximize the value of outreach
- Generate appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set appointments from those leads
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments
- Understand Imply’s technology enough to provide a high level introduction
- Leverage taught sales techniques to maximize customer interactions
- Log, track, and maintain outbound activity
- Work closely with Sales Directors and attend customer meetings as required
- Attend sales meetings, vendor training, and local trade shows to keep current with technology
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- A passion for research as well as a strong in-person, phone, and written customer communication skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make formal and informal presentations to staff and clients
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- Strong computer skills required; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability
- Interested in pursuing a career in technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
What we offer:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employers Liability
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.