Engineering Manager, Security
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
You are a bar-raiser, which means you come with
- 4+ years of experience in managing and coaching the Security Engineering team, with a focus on cyber security, and risk management
- A strong background in hands-on security engineering, particularly in navigating complex security problems within large-scale distributed systems serving a multitude of users
- Experience engaging with various teams to elevate the quality of security measures
- Evaluate security tools and processes, and implement best practices
- Assess risks and respond to internal or external vulnerabilities to protect from threats
- Experience spearheading, managing, and mentoring Security Engineers at various levels
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to diagnose and understand problems that span teams and technologies
- As a bonus, you are familiar with at least some small and medium business customers, especially local businesses; Ruby and Rails development.
- Ability to collaborate in the office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
You will make an impact by
Guiding your team in their mission to develop world-class solutions for small businesses. You will use your hands-on experience to guide the team to ensure the security and integrity of our platform and world-class product. You will partner with Engineering Management and Technical Leadership to help your team scale to meet our future needs. You maintain a high technical standard for all work your team delivers.
- You will oversee the Security team in our engineering organization where you will lead, manage, and mentor engineers. You will foster a culture of collaboration, learning, and innovation.
- You will manage a team(s) of engineers building Security practice with a key focus on cyber security, network security, and risk management by supporting team(s) in their day-to-day work and professional development
- Guide Homebase's technical security practices, formulating a strategic approach to cybersecurity and network protection, while aligning with industry standards and achieving business objectives
- You’ll be a key member of the Engineering Management team and bring new ideas about organizational development, scaling teams, improving processes, etc.
- Collaborate and build relationships with cross-functional leadership and business partners for the successful delivery of the roadmap
- You will help recruit and close candidates
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home days, Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team Mavel W.
- Meet the Hiring Manager Steven M.
- Meet the Engineering Leadership team
- Meet the Engineering Technical Leadership
- Meet the VP of Engineering Andrea C.
- Meet the CTO Oliver F.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team 💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.